Chapter 13

A/N - Holy crap we got to number one in postwickshipping and raileon!!! Also @bobtheraindeer, if your reading this, your comments absolutely made my morning <3

Anyways... 

1. Happy Lunar New Year

2. on to the chapter!

The trio stepped into the house carefully, removing their shoes at the door while Gloria rubbed her socks on the carpet in an attempt to shock Bede. He smiled and laughed under his breath when she successfully shocked Marnie, putting an arm around each of their shoulders and leading them into the living room. Almost as soon as they got out of the doorway, Raihan dashed through with Leon being yanked along behind, shouting something about paperwork before slamming the door behind them both.

"Sorry about them, they never seemed to grow up. Your snacks will be done in a couple minutes, okay?" Hop's mum called from the kitchen, eliciting a sigh from Marnie. 

"I can't wait," she mumbled, lying down on one of the plush green couches that seemed to fill the room. Gloria walked carefully over to the lone chair and sat down, wincing when she tried to lean back, and Bede sat on the remaining couch. 

"So, Gloria," he said, breaking the silence, "What's the prognosis?"

Gloria swallowed and placed her bony hands in her lap. "The doctor said he fractured seven of my ribs, and really crushed my windpipe," she whispered hoarsely. "I think I twisted or sprained my ankle when he knocked me over, too."

Marnie sat up and turned to face Gloria, a somber, but knowing look on her face. "What does all that mean for the future?"

Gloria looked like she was going to cry. "She didn't explicitly say it, but I'm probably never going to run again. I'm going to constantly sound sick, too, so interviews are going to be a nightmare."

"Oh Gloria," Marnie whispered, taking one of her hands in her own. Gloria shook her head and managed to keep the tears at bay. "I'll be fine."

"Is there anything we can do to make you feel better?" Bede asked, leaning foward and resting his elbows on his knees. Normally he would have the best posture out of all three of them- four if you're counting Hop- but today... today was just a damn weird day.

"I kind of just want to sleep, no offense to you two," Gloria said, looking away and blushing slightly. "I'm just so tired from everything, and the sleep powder they gave me at the stadium didn't help."

"That's okay, Gloria. Do you want us to help you up the stairs, or-"

"I'll be okay. I'll call you if I need something," she said, waving her phone in hand before pocketing it and standing up. "Don't feel obligated to stay just cause I'm here, you know."

"We'll be alright," Bede said, grabbing Marnie by the arm while he tried to think of an excuse to leave. "I'm just going to go out to the store. Marnie, do you think you could show me around Wedgehurst so I don't get lost?"

She looked at him with the most confused expression on her face. "But Wedgehurst is small-"

Bede tightened his grip on her arm and tilted his head towards Gloria. Marnie seemed to get it, and changed her tune as such. "Yeah, sounds nice."

"Don't have too much fun without me," Gloria said weakly with a wink, before starting her ascent of the stairs. Once she made it to the first landing without issue, Bede turned and dragged Marnie out of the house.

"I need you to show me around? That's the dumbest excuse I've ever-"

"Shhhhhh," he said, looking towards the open windows above. "We'll talk once we're down the road a bit, alright?"