Epilogue

"Does this look alright?"

Gloria turned in a circle so he could see. Her spine, though still slightly visible, was not nearly as prominent as it was 5 months ago. Her ribs were back to just barely poking out if she sucked in her stomach and pulled her shirt taught, and her arms didn't look like they's break if the breeze picked up too much. He took her soft hand in his so she'd turn to look at him. Her face, framed by a romantic tuck, was a healthy shade of pink with 3 small hearts drawn in eyeliner on her left cheek, one each from Bede, Marnie, and himself. 

Hop took out his phone and took a picture of the two of them in the dressing room mirror, smiling widely in their matching uniforms, patches of her sponsors covering the front of the dark grey uniforms. Gold accents were littered all over the outfit, particularly prominent in his shoes and her heels, his socks, and the sides of Gloria's tights.

"Leon really outdid himself with these," she said, turning sideways to look at the back half. A large gold print of the league, framed by the gym's symbols, took up the majority with her first name emblazoned above. For the final day of the first Galarian Star Tournament, it was only fitting.

"I haven't felt this fancy since the last time I wore a tie," Hop said, earning a light laugh from Gloria. "Though my arms feel a bit weird since I'm not wearing a coat."

She smiled and patted her pale arms. "You don't get this tan wearing lab coats all day!"

He shook his head and smiled, putting his arms behind his head. "This is going to be one of the most exciting things I've done all year!"

"And if we win the grand prize, I could take you to do even more exciting things," she said, grabbing his arm and dragging him down the hallway. "As much as I like that dressing room, we should probably get going."

He wriggled free from her grasp and put his arm around her shoulder instead. Gloria blushed and tried to come up with a reason why that was a bad idea, but ended up leaning into it as they walked down the hall. PDA was still slightly startling for her, trying to comprehend how it all happened even though their relationship had become public knowledge nearly half a year ago.

"Hop and Gloria, be in the locker room in 2. Hop and Gloria, locker room in two."

"Look at that," she commented, "they said your name first."

"Well it has a much better ring to it than 'Gloria and Hop', don't you think?" She raised an eyebrow, thought about it, and then nodded in resignation. 

They turned another hallway and climbed a steep, narrow staircase before coming out in the hall next to the locker rooms.

"You know, the last time we were here together was during the gym challenge," he said, looking around the familiar room. "I was so scared you were going to leave me."

Gloria turned and took both his hands in hers. "Hop, I love you more than life itself. Looking back, I always, always have. I need you. No matter how hard it is for me to admit it sometimes, even if it seems like I'm pushing you away, something older than time brought us together. I'll be damned before I let that go."

Hop brought his hand up and ran his thumb along her cheekbone, smiling softly when she leaned into his touch. "You're the best, you know that?" Gloria simply smiled and winked before turning to the door that would lead out to the field.

"If you walk with Hop out those doors," Leon said, kneeling down to be closer to their line of sight, "things are never going to be the same. You two are more than just semifinalists now. You're heroes of legend. Are you prepared to accept that you can't go back?"

Gloria and Hop looked at the exit of Wyndon stadium, the entirety of the courtyard covered in fans and journalists. Cameras poised to strike, pens just itching to bleed into paper: the rest of their lives would start when they walked out those doors. Time seemed to stand still, interrupted only by chants of "Postwick Dream Team" from the locals. And for some reason, shy, quiet Gloria wouldn't want it any other way. A tap on her shoulder prompted her to turn around, met with a pair of warm, golden eyes that she would never be able to forget.

"Ready to go, mate?"

"Earth to Gloria?" he said, waving a hand in front of her face. His face really had changed, though it still retained a more angular look than his relatives. The only thing that stayed exactly the same were the sunshine-colored eyes that never failed to melt her heart.

"hm?"

"I said, ready to go mate?"

Gloria hugged him tightly, wrapping her arms around the back of his neck when she let go with a content sigh. He raised an eyebrow, a confused smile on his face. She rose onto her tip toes, letting her lips meet his in a burst of soft passion that sent sparks from the top of her head to the bottom of her feet and back again. His hands settled on her waist when she pulled away, painfully aware of how red she was blushing.

"For good luck," she mumbled, looking away before being drawn back in.

Hop looked from her eyes, to her lips, and back up before leaning down and connecting their lips again. She smiled into the kiss and brought a hand to his hair before pulling away again to fix it. He had the most awestruck smile on his face, a deep pink hue visible even on his tanned skin.

"We can't lose now, can we? With double good luck and all."

Gloria laughed and turned to stand beside him, holding his hand tightly as they walked out into the bright lights and cheers of Wyndon stadium. 

'Win or lose, it doesn't really matter,' she thought, stealing a glance at his awe-struck face as he took in the cheers and shouts of the crowd.

I don't care 'bout anything but you ❤️

THE END