Chapter 1

Present Day...

Gloria rolled out of bed, just before her 5:30am alarm. She looked out the wall of windows in the high-rise champion apartment, the city of Wyndon poking through the fog before sunrise. Her partner pokemon, Leafeon, was sleeping at the foot of the bed. She technically was supposed to be a Vaporeon, evolved with a water stone to combat Leon's Charizard and Hop's Cinderace, but she had a soft spot for the verdant pokemon evolution from the start. Her team full of Eevees was hard to manage at first, but now she wouldn't trade them for anything in the world.

She changed into some dark colored athletic clothing, to blend into the crowd, and slipped on her running shoes. Like herself, her pokemon tended towards being couch potatoes, but their rigorous gym training made up for it. Gloria quietly exited the apartment, pulling her waist-length hair into a messy, but functional ponytail as she walked towards the elevators

Once in the elevator, she went into pokegram, sending a picture of her shoes captioned, 'its a 5 mile kind of day' to keep up her streak with Raihan. They both liked running, and he had an extremely popular post series about their races and longest streaks. She wasn't big on using social media, but because of her status it was expected of her, so Leon set up their little 'challenge'. 

She waved to the receptionists and doorman, who were exceptionally good at throwing people off her daily trail. She silently thanked Arceus before popping in her wireless earbuds, starting her route tracker and music, and heading off. 

About 15 minutes after returning, she emerged from the shower to see 3 notifications on her rotomphone, all from Raihan. He had sent a picture of a clearly-sleepy Leon, purple hair askew and flopped in bed, attatched to the message "Somebody doesn't want to go running today :(". He also sent the customary picture of his running shoes.

Gloria silently giggled as she typed out a response. She would be seeing them both later today, but even from a distance their relationship was nothing short of comedic gold. 

(this section is them texting. G= Gloria R=Raihan)

G - Well if I had to run with you first thing in the morning I'd feel the same way >:)

R - ha ha, very funny. You should quit being champion and be a comedian instead :|

G - I'm going to let you get to your run. See you at the meeting, please be on time!

R - Aight. See ya later, hater!

She smiled, walking over to her closet. Unlike Leon, she never managed to fill it up. The whole apartment was just a lot for her. All the furniture was stylish and modern, and it was all there when she moved in. She barely used most of it, champion work kept her out in the world for most of her time. She put on her official league uniform - A 3/4 sleeved version of Leon's shirt, with the same shorts, and knee high socks in her brown leather boots. The fur-edged cape went right to her ankles, but she chose not to wear it because of how heavy it is. Her walnut-brown hair was down, adorned with her signature green beret. It was altered to have a crown around the bobble, like the crown snapback.

With that, she collected her pokemon, her bag, and her glove before going to the monorail.

---

Gloria noticed people waiting at the entrance of the battle tower, and gave the staff the okay to let them in. "It's 20 minutes past opening time, so I think Leon's lost again. Hammerlocke is a long ways away for him. I trust you can open on your own, you've done it before," she giggled, handing out her League Card to all the kids wanting to train that day. She apologized to the parents waiting with them, and made a mental note to call about his absence. He got lost a lot, but wasn't Raihan supposed to be with him? She looked to her Leafeon, who seemed to shrug, and moved on.