Episode 7 - "Hunt For The Truth"

After the traumatic night of combat against Alter Eldrie, Kirito took shifts with Eydis keeping watch over the wrecked cabin. The night droned on and on, and seemed to do so forever. This was no surprise though. After the encounter they experienced, the Black Swordsman indeed could barely rest. While helpful, the newly obtained knowledge that these "Fallen" were hunting Alice and her fellow Integrity Knights was far more detrimental to his state of mind than even he could anticipate. Kirito was no stranger to the nightmares that became of every virtual world he stepped foot in. But there was certaintly a cloud of dread that was encapsulated inside him nonetheless, swirling within his stomach and keeping him from allocating his attention elsewhere. Yet there was a vague hint of nostalgia attached to these moments. Reminders of a time when he worried for Asuna's safety years ago. He could deny it no longer; that a tender fondness grew for Alice... despite the fact that his feelings stemmed from the woman he met in the original Underworld. He could only imagine the condescending looks on the faces of the girls he was surrounded by daily. Yet another woman for the harem he had no choice in creating. Oh, to be an attractive young adult.

As the thick darkness of night melted away to reveal the cleansing light of Solus, Kirito yawned obnoxiously. Oddly he slept far better than initially perceived, as the fatigue accompanying a lack of rest wasn't present. A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one. Stretching, he rose up off the ground and dusted the butt of his pants off, then scanned his surroundings. Eydis evidently faired far worse than he did, as she was nodding in and out of consciousness with dark circles under her eyes. It appeared to him that Alice was still in the kids' room, asleep with the children. A smile on his face quickly turned to determination, and he made a quick escape to the surrounding forest. A perfect time to learn more from the device left for him by his Alter. He only took Night Sky, leaving the sleeping Eugeo alone inside Blue Rose.

With sufficient distance between himself and the others, and checking multiple times and ways for him to be followed, Kirito fished into his right pocket and revealed the Memory Locket. The device was no longer locked, so he simply popped it open. Nothing. No display. "Ugh... another failsafe?" He mumbled. "Other me really thought ahead." He pondered what could activate it. He then snapped his fingers. "Of course... Enhance Armament!" He chanted, to which the locket whirred to life, and a holographic display was projected out of the crystal. Alter Kirito stood before him again.

"So you figured out how to access the files. Shouldn't be a surprise, since this is me we're talking about. I'm sure you require plenty of guidance, so I will start from the beginning and then tell you where you need to go." Alter Kirito exhaled deeply. "The first part's obvious. Project: Reinitialization is a flawed system that shouldn't have been made in the first place. While you may think that's because of Rath 'playing god' as they do, that isn't what I'm talking about." Kirito was immediately taken by surprise. He listened intently. What he's about to learn, he needs to make sure he hears all of it. "The real reason why is because of its core programming. The World Seed is what I'm talking about. It allows for a surprising amount of freedom and we both know the extent of its abilities as a source engine for VRMMORPGs. That being said, quite a number of factors are at play. The biggest of which... is the Account Transfer feature."