Episode 4 - "Life in Rulid"

As the dusk was covering the view of the wide night sky, Kirito walked inside with his family to prepare dinner. The ravenette entered their bedroom and moved towards the bed to sit down for a moment. This whole situation posed so many questions. Yet for all of them, not a single answer. Worse yet he had no leads on the other Kirito's whereabouts, and he couldn't just wander around asking these questions. These Underworlders think they are the real thing, and have no idea that they are just copies. So how would he get to the bottom of this investigation? The male wondered while folding his hands in front of his mouth, pondering and resting his elbows on his thighs.

"Are you listening, papa?" A squeaky voice asked and tugged on his sleeve in an impatient manner

"Are you listening, papa?" A squeaky voice asked and tugged on his sleeve in an impatient manner. Kirito was suddenly torn from his thoughts, causing him to gasp nervously and catching his balance on the mattress again. "Olivia... you startled me..." The swordsman admitted and let his head heavily hang down between his shoulders, sighing and moving his faintly sweaty bangs from his forehead. The little girl huffed. "I asked if you wanted to help prepare my favourite dish... it's mama's Rulid Stew." Kirito smiled and switched gears. "Of course. Sounds great!"

Olivia giggled and jumped down the bed, turning around swiftly and giving her father a joyous smile. "Come on!" Olivia demanded and dragged Kirito off the bed, bringing him into the kitchen to join everyone. His black orbs immediately scanned the wood that had such a warm, orange colour to it. The candles would give off additional warmth to this place... It feels almost like... home? Kirito caught himself thinking that way, touching his tingly chest and letting out a soft giggle. "Let's get it going then!" The sudden remark caused the sleepy Yuji to flinch, widening his grey orbs and noticing that his head was inside the bowl that had lettuce in it. He was standing in front of the counter, yet he somehow managed to doze off like this. It was embarrassing. Who thought that it would be that comfortable though? "Yuji dear, don't sleep in the lettuce. You can rest a bit if you're tired." Alice chuckled and prepared the meat, cutting it and roasting it. Kirito approached them and patted his son on the head gently, waking him up a bit more.

The aroma and scents were mesmerisingly dancing around Kirito's nose, letting his mouth water and causing him to swallow loudly. "Smells really good--" As soon as the black-haired finished the comment, his stomach started grumbling. The sound would cause him to blush, laughing awkwardly and sighing afterwards. Alice turned to him as she took a mini break from dinner preparations. "Darling, why don't you take Yuji to the living room and play a little with him? I will finish dinner with Olivia. Don't worry." She gave a brief smile and pecked Kirito's cheek and giving Yuji's forehead a motherly kiss as well. The blond boy smiled with his eyes closed and stretched his arms towards the female, nuzzling into her chest for a moment of comfort. The ravenette quietly witnessed this angelic moment, feelings he couldn't name would start dwelling up within him. A need of wanting to protect them at all costs. "All right, 'honey-pie'. Have fun." Kirito dared to say and laughed, grabbing his son's hand. "K--Kirito--?!" Alice was taken entirely off guard by the cute remark, the little girl beside her looking at her confused.