Episode 12 - "Never Alone"

Quinella gracefully walked into the massive chamber, her hips swaying with elegance, until she stood side by side with Kirito. The ravenette pivoted his head slightly and glanced at his new ally. It was so odd teaming up with someone who shared the face of a former foe, but the time for thought came later. Now, the battle was really, truly about to begin. "Kirito. Are you prepared?" The lavender priestess inquired, her fists raised into a fighting stance. The black swordsman raised his swords, his powerful aura returning. "Like I have a choice. It's now or never." Quinella smirked. "Good answer." Kirito exhaled, and couldn't help but crack a smile as he resumed a combat form.

Alter Kirito paced back and forth, the tips of his blades scratching against the cobblestone floor

Alter Kirito paced back and forth, the tips of his blades scratching against the cobblestone floor. His void-like gaze nearly pierced the two combatants. Vecta scoffed, and motioned to his puppet. "Ridiculous. Deal with them." Alter pushed off of the floor and rushed the pair, but Kirito dodged and Quinella met him in close range. She grit her teeth and thrusted her fist into the copy's stomache, winding him. The woman then followed up with several harder-hitting strikes, which flung him upward. As he launched into the air, his grip slipped on his weapons. Kirito ran and jumped at Quinella, and she launched him further into the air to meet his doppleganger. In a mere second, their faces met within inches of each other. The ravenette nearly hesitated, however he remembered the words he heard from the Memory Locket. He shook off the pit in his stomach and knew if he didn't take this opportunity now there might not be another chance. Spinning into Alter Kirito with insane ferocity, Kirito gashed him deeply across the chest and launched him back into the floor below. His swords fell to either side of him with loud clangs that echoed throughout the throne room as everything went silent. Vecta hissed, realizing his toy had been bested.

Kirito landed swiftly, and ran to the side of his defeated clone. His eyes were closed, and he laid in a puddle of deep crimson blood. The ravenette bit his lip. "I'm... sorry." The defeated boy began to breathe hoarsly, which nearly startled him. Alter opened his eyes weakly, and smiled. "It's... okay... you did it. You followed... through. I expected nothing... less." Kirito lifted his other self up and held him. "Hang in there! We can get you help! I can heal you with Sacred Arts!" Alter shook his head slowly. "That's alright. I think... I think I would just like to rest." Kirito bit his lip as tears fell from his grey orbs. "But...!" Alter interrupted him by shakily raising his hand to Kirito's cheek. "I know... I know... but... there will always be only... one Kirito... one Black Swordsman... there is no room for... two Kiritos in this world. Alice... the children... they're yours. Not mine. You're the one with a family... with friends... with the memories... the only one who truly... really... exists..." Alter's hand abruptly dropped to the floor, and his breathing slowed until it was no more. His eyes became vacant, staring up at the pockets of light shining down upon him from the shattered ceiling. A single, transparent stream fell from the corner of his eye, as he ceased to be.

 A single, transparent stream fell from the corner of his eye, as he ceased to be