Episode 10 - "Southbound"

Kirito leaned against the trunk of a tree. "We're far enough from any populated areas. It's time to consult the Memory Locket for the next course of action." Eydis joined his side, with a weary look on her face. "Is it okay for me to be here? Isn't this for your eyes only?" Kirito shook his head in dismissal. "I'm confident you hearing this information won't change anything. It's a lot better to hear the information from the source anyways, no?" Eydis smiled. "Point taken." The ravenette turned to the Blue Rose on his back. "You should be here too, Eugeo." The sword shone a bright azure color as the blonde man made his presence known to them both. Eydis stepped back with surprise. "Woah..." Eugeo smiled awkwardly, rubbing his cheek with his finger. "Sorry for startling you like that. It can be a little weird I suppose."

Kirito pulled the locket out of his pocket and held it outward. "Huddle up and listen closely." Eydis and Eugeo leaned in as Kirito activated the device, which burst to life as the hologram of Alter Kirito became visible. "So you've made it to Southacroith. Well done." Alter Kirito looked down. "What I have to tell you next is of utmost importance. Once you learn this information, you must get to the coordinates I leave with you. If everything happens as I've assumed it would, you should just make it to your destination." The projection of Alter Kirito seemed to take a moment to gather himself. "The group known as The Graceless is only a mask for the true operation in this world. I don't know the official identity of the villains behind all of this yet. But they are very dangerous. I'm convinced that it will take more than just our power alone to strike them down." Kirito began to sweat.

" Kirito began to sweat

Alter Kirito continued. "No matter what, you must attack them directly and soon. I have discovered that they are attempting to create a bridge from the other hostile-controlled servers to this one. Everyone in Alter Underworld 02 could be in danger of invasion from enemies of the past... and even copies of themselves." Eydis stepped back in shock. "What?" The holographic ravenette proceeded. "From what I've heard, their numbers were frighteningly high. If the mass teleport gate were to finish then it's all over." The knightress tightened her hand into a fist. Eugeo stroked his chin with a worried expression. "This could be worse than what we saw during the war, Kirito." The black-haired swordsman nodded. "Yeah... I wish we knew about this earlier, we need to move." Alter Kirito moved on. "My final bit of intel is the exact location of their base, as well as where the teleportation gate is located. Listen closely, and once you know it, you must hurry. I will do what I can to damage it and prolong the time it'll take to complete it, after that I leave it up to you." The trio looked at each other and nodded. It was now or never.

...

Kikuoka rubbed his neck. "I haven't heard from Kirigaya in some time. I hope things are okay on his end." Higa loudly slurped some instant noodles, some drops of the broth splashing onto his glasses. He grunted in an inconvenienced tone as he removed them and wiped them on his shirt. "He'll be fine. Kirito can take care of himself. I bet he's mopping things up as we speak!" The government agent smiled, and was about to speak when he and his colleague were startled by the slamming of a door. They both turned to the entrance to the room and felt a wave of anxiety hit them. Higa sighed as he placed his frames back onto his face. "Busted. Looks like they found out." Standing before them was none other than Asuna, Alice and Yui. The two older girls were obviously not very happy.