Episode 2 - "Homecoming"

Kirito sat on the edge of the bed he supposedly shared with Alice as the woman gently closed the door. The kids were already in bed for the night, and he could feel the questions about to creep up on him from her lips like assassins. He braced for the inevitable. "Tell me Kirito. What happened to you?" The blonde began. It was time to make up a story. "I... don't know. The next thing I knew I woke up in the forest outside Rulid with my memories scrambled and I saw the fires." Alice looked visibly troubled. "Vecta... I should have known..."

The young male raised a brow with intrigue at her response. "You mean the god of darkness? That's what you're going with?"

Alice relaxed from her previously tense disposition. "We should talk about this later. For now, let us turn in for the night." As the lights were dimmed and they joined each other in bed, Kirito stared up at the ceiling. He had so many questions, for Alice and Kikuoka. This world was a strange mix of familiar and foreign to him and to top it all off he was living some other man's life now, albeit his own. His train of thought, however, was cut short by the gentle sobs of the woman next to him. The former Integrity Knight clung to his arm gently as she wept, which prompted a response from Kirito. "Hey... what's the matter?"

Alice's face scrunched up at the question

Alice's face scrunched up at the question. "I'm... just so relieved you've returned to us. I thought I would never see you again, that our children would have to grow up not knowing their own father... it broke my heart...!" The ravenette's heart sunk, but now was not the time to pity. He pulled her into his warm embrace and hushed her gently. "There's a lot goin' on right now and a lot of things we don't know, but please don't feel like you're handling things alone anymore." As his reassuring words touched her ears, she calmed down and exhaled, drifting off to sleep. He wiped her tears, then too fell into a deep slumber.

...

"Mhm..." A grunt of comfort and familiarity left the fatigued man's agape mouth. A bead of drool could be seen to be hanging from the corner of Kirito's bottom lip, rubbing his asleep eyes awake with the back of his hand. He could sense something warm under his blanket. It was as if two heating pads were attached to his torso. As his eyes tried to figure out where he had awoken, the young male remember what had happened yesterday. "So, it wasn't a dream..." He mumbled and saw the blonde lady rest beside him with a faint, healthy flush on her cheeks. Her beauty and will were truly not from this world, sharing the same golden locks and pale, feathery lashes that his best friend had, as well. A sweet aching was noticeable in his chest, causing a rueful frown upon Kirito's features, and letting his dark orbs wander to his two resting swords. He smiled as if feeling Eugeo to embrace him, touching his chest once more as the sensation of remorse turned into a warming sunshine inside of him. "Thank you, Eugeo..." Kirito grinned wide.

"Stooop--!" A child-like voice squealed sleepily as the door to the bedroom opened. "Stop it, Olivia... I wanna sleep..." A boy's voice intervened and grumbled. "It's time to wake them up, though, Yuji-onii-chan!" Olivia shouted joyfully and jumped upwards onto Kirito's abdomen, tossing the blanket on Alice and hugging the startled male. "Good morning, papa!" The gleeful greeting of the energetic girl was rather bothersome for the blond boy. He turned away and mumbled, closing his heavy eyes and drifting off once more as he flopped onto the bed. "Gee! YUJI! IT'S THE FIRST DAY WITH PAPA!" Olivia grinned happily and lifted her fists up into the air. "Yaaay!!" Finally, Alice would be awoken by this early turmoil, causing her to sit up and yawn. "What is this morning ruckus? I told you before that this isn't how true ladies beha--" Her sky-blue eyes focused on the black swordsman now, her words trailing off as she cleared her throat, a stronger blush upon her supple cheeks.