Episode 5 - "Synthesis Ten"

Kirito adjusted his collar. He had absolutely no idea who this person is. Worse yet, it was apparently somebody his copy has met. He needed to play this off, and he needed to sound convincing. "Kirito, this is Eydis, don't tell me you don't remember her too?" Alice looked at him worried. The swordsman chuckled nervously. "I'm sorry. I'm afraid things are hazy. Maybe if we talk some more, you'll jog my memory?" Eydis squinted at them and folded her arms. "How do you not remember me, Kirito? Sheesh, you're dense." He sighed at the remark, knowing the truth was that they'd never met. The blonde placed her hand on her mentor's shoulder. "It's complicated. I'll have to explain all that has transpired. More importantly, what are you doing out here?"

 More importantly, what are you doing out here?"

The pale knightress looked away and pouted. "I just wanted to check up on you... and see if you were well." Alice smiled sweetly. "Thank you. Why don't we go for a walk and chat." She then turned to her beloved. "Kirito, can you go check on the kids?" As he smiled and nodded, the words hit Eydis like a bolt of lightening. "K-K-Kids? As in children? More than one?" The former Integrity Knight turned back to her old comrade. "Yes. I have two children with him. Why?" The white haired woman doubled over in defeat. "I see..."

Kirito walked off and left them, heading back to where Selka was watching Olivia and Yuji. As he put his hands in his pocket, a thought occured. He could contact Kikuoka and ask him to search up information on this Eydis woman in the system. If he went on any longer acting like he knew nothing, it could cause a multitude of issues going forward. Now was the time. He raised a hand to his ear and whispered. "System Call. Contact Administrator." After a brief silence, a jingle rung. "K-Kirito? What's up?" Higa responded. He sounded startled, as if he was caught napping. The black swordsman raised a brow. "Is Kikuoka there? I need to speak to him."

Higa reclined in his seat

Higa reclined in his seat. "He just went to grab some breakfast. What's up? Can I be of assistance?" Kirito stopped and leaned against a wall across from the park where the children were playing. "I need you to run a background check on an artificial fluctlight I encountered. I've never met her before and it would appear the other me has. I need all you got on her. Her name is Eydis. She's an Integrity Knight of the Axiom Church." The blonde man adjusted his glasses and began typing away at the console. "Eydis, eh? Of Alter Underworld, Server Two. Let me see." Kirito got curious. "Did you say two? How many are there?" As Higa kept searching, he rattled off the numbers. "We have fourty active servers. Ten for Aincrad, ten for Alfheim, ten for SBC Glocken and ten for Underworld." Kirito lost his breath. "... excuse me?" Higa continued his explanation. "Altered events, different outcomes, good guys turned bad... all pretty standard science fiction stuff. Except, well, it's very real. Thanks to the Seed Generation Algorithm anyways."