Episode 11 - "At All Costs"

Kirito gritted his teeth as he flew as fast as he could towards the coordinates given. Tightly wrapped around his waist and dangling in the wind like a flag was Eydis, tears in her eyes. She was determined not to let this phase her, but the absolute breakneck speed the swordsman was traveling at was almost too much for her. Luckily, the two were coming upon their destination. In front of them, tucked behind a lush treeline, were what appeared to be decrepit ruins being slowly consumed by nature. Of course to Kirito this was very run of the mill and cliché, however he couldn't find the humor in the situation with the circumstances being as dire as they were. "Eydis! When we get close enough, prepare to let go and land on your own! The zone might be full of hostiles so be ready!" The knightress could barely nod in affirmation as they made final approach.

Eldrie stood firmly outside of the ruins, in command of the other members of the Graceless and the knights of the Dark Territory. He could sense that danger approached them quickly, being well-equipped for harsh combat. He turned to his comrades, two former Integrity Knights of blue and green aesthetics respectively. "Entokia! Nergius! I suspect we will have company soon. Ready your weapons and steel your resolve. We must give the Master time." The two warriors saluted and followed his command, and signaled the other troops to prepare for an assault. Eldrie gripped the hilt of his whip and growled, as the stump that was once his right arm experienced phantom pains. "It's them... it has to be."

Kirito wasted no time lowering his altitude

Kirito wasted no time lowering his altitude. As he did so, Eydis let go and slammed through the treeline into the clearing in front of the ruins. Landing loudly before the defending knights, she drew her weapon and wasted no time walking through the dirt cloud she created upon her impact. The ravenette soon landed right next to her, swords too drawn, and they both stopped short of Eldrie and his companions. The silver-haired man grinned cynically. "So you two finally put the pieces together and showed up. But you're too late! Once our Master is finished with the portal, you will be overwhelmed by our allies and crushed. Just like this pathetic Underworld!" Kirito stepped forward and assumed a dual-wielding stance. "I have no time to exchange words with you this time Eldrie. Step aside or I'll cut right through you and your men." The one-armed man began chuckling, then broke out into full laughter. "You?! Cutting through the likes of us?! Do not be so ridiculous, Kirito the Swordsman. It is you who will be cut through, and no Sacred Arts or fancy sword play shall save your mongrol hides this time! Get them!" Suddenly the armored soldiers swarmed the two combatants and immediately engaged them. As weapons clashed, Kirito and Eydis were forced to battle many fighters at once, however some of them were sloppy and were easily dispatched. Kirito fired some fire arts into a dark knight and sent him flying into a chunk of rubble, then used Double Circular to impale two more and end their lives. Eydis used her body double technique to even the odds a little, covering her back and slicing through any man foolish enough to underestimate her. Alas, they were still vastly outmanned and were backed up against each other in the center of the clearing. Eldrie, Nergius and Entokia watched from an elevated vantage point as their forces swiftly encircled and entrapped their foes. He smirked wildly with anticipation, that such powerful warriors were still no match for the knights of the Dark Territory and the home field advantage they held on these ruins.