Episode 8 - "Old Faces"

It was a relatively silent trip for the pair. There wasn't a whole lot to talk about, thus both Kirito and Eydis silently agreed to not make it awkward by striking up conversation. Luckily for them both, the trip wasn't long, as by midday they had made it to the capital city of Centoria with no incident. Eydis cleared her throat as they were approaching. "We've arrived. Listen carefully." Kirito nodded in response. "I will drop you off at the north gate, then fly to the Central Cathedral. Just walk through the city to the south gate and wait for me there. I shall be awhile, so find something to do until the evening." Kirito nodded once more. "Alright." The knightress spoke up once again. "... and for the love of Stacia, do not get into any trouble." Kirito smiled awkwardly. "Yeah, understood. Just make sure you be careful, too. If Integrity Knights are turning traitor, the cathedral might not be safe either." Eydis paused, but finally nodded. "I will."

Takiguri landed swiftly, and Kirito dismounted

Takiguri landed swiftly, and Kirito dismounted. He gave a two-fingered salute to Eydis, and she gave one back as she took off once more and flew over the towering wall of the city. Kirito exhaled. "Welp. Guess we get the boring mission again." Eugeo chuckled. "It's not all about fighting you know." Kirito rolled his eyes and entered the city, Eugeo continuing to laugh at his expense.

Meanwhile, Eydis landed in the cathedral hangar. She patted Takiguri, and then headed inside as her dragon mount rested. Walking through the brilliant halls of the Central Cathedral, you would be quick to forget that so much had transpired there. The red carpets and the marbled white walls showed no testing of time, as if the interior was trapped in time itself. The building generally, especially the higher floors, never seemed to be populated, giving off an eerie feeling of emptiness to those who were not used to the life inside its rooms and hallways. Eydis traveled through such areas, until she made it to the meeting chamber. Expecting to find Commander Bercouli, she was met with disappointment when all she found were a few lesser knights. "Soldiers." She spoke up. "Ah! Lady Eydis!" One acknowledged. They straightened to attention. "Welcome back." She smiled gently. "Thank you. Where is the Commander? I must report to him." The armored troops looked at each other. "I'm afraid that Commander Bercouli is not here at present. He has personally seen to a mission of utmost importance, along with Sir Deusolbert and Lady Scheta." Eydis frowned. "I see. What of Lady Fanatio?" As she asked this inquiry, a voice spoke from behind her. "I'm here, Eydis." The silver-haired warrior spun around to be met with the smile of Fanatio Synthesis Two, the Vice Commander of the Integrity Knights. "Lady Fanatio! It's good to see you." Fanatio nodded. "As it is to see you. I'm glad you're safe. Tell me, what is it you need to report?" Eydis turned to the knights then back to her. "It's classified."

The senior knight barked to her subordinates. "Leave us."

"