Chapter 15

She couldn't believe that her little girl was growing up so fast. Too fast. She was officially one years old today and after putting her in her birthday dress, Bonnie lifted her in her arms and took her into the kitchen.

"Daddy should be home from work very soon, okay?"

"Dada."

"Yeah, dada," Bonnie smiled, "he should be here any second." She tickled her some smiling when Raina laughed.

Bonnie gasped hearing the door unlock and soon Stefan walked in with a cake in his hand.

"Dada!"

"Hey, baby girl!" Stefan sat the cake down down and lifted her from Bonnie's arms. "Happy birthday, Raina." He kissed her repeatedly. "I can't believe my little girl is growing up so fast."

"I know, I hate it."

Stefan smiled and leaned in to kiss her. "Me too." He kissed her again. "I still feel kind of bad for not inviting everyone."

"It's not like everyone was free anyways, besides, we're having a party for her this weekend so it'll be like this never happened."

Stefan nodded and kissed her again before handing her Raina while he walked into their room to change out of his clothes. Bonnie sat her down on the floor then watched her for a little before opening the cake. It was vanilla with white frosting decorated with pink balloons and flowers and in black frosting it wished her a happy birthday. She smiled then moved to the drawer to pick out the candles and froze when she saw a box. It wasn't just any box, but a ring box and her heart started to beat faster wondering what was inside. Before she did something that she would regret, Bonnie closed the drawer and looked in the cabinet for the lighter to light the lone white candle.

Chewing in her lip, Bonnie turned back to the drawer tapping her foot on the floor then moved towards it as Stefan walked in asking her if she was ready causing her to jump.

He lightly laughed some. "I'm sorry, babe, I didn't mean to scare you."

"It's fine, I was just focusing on something else and then you just startled me a little."

"What were you thinking about?"

"Uh, you know, just how time flies and you never know what life may bring."

He processes her words then nods moving up to her and pressing a kiss to her lips. He took the cake out of the box as Bonnie went to grab Raina and they started singing. Raina smiled at her parents for their attention was on her and her only and when they clapped when the song was over, she joined them. Stefan and Bonnie smiled and cheered and started to cut the cake. Stefan cut a small slice and they sat Raina in her high chair and watched her eat it. She seemed to like it but was a bit sloppy with it which they figured she would be. They shared a kiss then went over to clean off Raina's face.

"Speaking of not knowing what life might bring, I want to ask you something."

Bonnie tried to hide her excitement as he moved over to the drawer where she saw the ring box. "What is it?"

"Well," Stefan said holding the box in his hand. Bonnie stopped herself from bouncing on her heels as he opened the box. "Will you move in with me?" Stefan turned the box to face her and what she saw instead of a ring was a key.

"What do you mean?"

"I bought us a house. I got a bonus and I found this great place. It's just a few minutes away from your parents and it's great on size. I want you to move in with me."

She tried to stop her disappointment from showing because he delivered great news and she should've been jumping around happy to finally move out of this small place so that's what she did. Stefan held her close and tight and smiled glad that she wasn't upset because he bought a house without talking to her first.