Chapter 20

She told herself that she wouldn't cry but she just couldn't help herself. Even though it was her second time in this position, it was just as new as before. She was getting married and was excited and nervous all at the same time which brought her to tears. Her friends fanned their hands in front of her eyes trying to stop the salty tears from ruining her makeup. Bonnie wanted to cry even more when Raina walked in dressed in her flower girl dress and pulled her into her arms. She hugged her mother back and rubbed her back as she complimented her on how beautiful she looked in the dress. They all practiced their breathing together and soon, Mr. Bennett knocked on the door telling everyone that it was time.

She watched as her friends paired up with Damon's and started down the aisle until there was no one left but her and her father. She smiled when he kissed her temple as the music started to play and they steadily made their way down. She tried to hold in her tears watching Damon cover his mouth watching her. They kept eye contact mainly throughout the whole ceremony and they both smiled when they were officially announced as husband and wife. They shared a kiss and the people rose and cheered as they made their way down the aisle hand in hand.

:::

Once again, the girls (minus Avery) were watching another loved one share their first dance with their loved one. Anyone with eyes could see the love flowing off of them and it grew bigger when their foreheads connected. Raina was glad—joyful even that her parents found people that they loved. The old her wanted them to be together, but her now realized that they would be better off as friends.

Seeing her mother with Damon was different from seeing her with her father. Her parents' relationship was based on a lot of history and she felt like they were stuck in that "young love" phase and even though they've grown and matured, their love stayed the same from when they were just teens. With Damon, she could tell that their love was and is in the now and not stuck in the past. She could see their loving growing and maturing into something that they never experienced before.

She just hoped and prayed that both relationships will last.

:::

Stefan smiled listening and watching as his little girl sing that Waves song. He was sitting in his office bored with a whole lot to do and decided to watch the recording. She is so talented which has him wondering if she wants to study music. He played it multiple times and now he couldn't get the song out of head and he barely knew the lyrics, but he hummed the tune. He called Jay and put her on speaker phone and made her listen to his daughter sing. She told him what he already knew; she had talent and should consider perusing a career in the music arts, but he wasn't going to pressure her into such.

:::

Bonnie woke up next to Damon caching him staring. She smiled then covered her face with her hand but he removed her hand to kiss her lips.

"Why is my wife hiding her beautiful face?"

She smiled. "I love when you call me that. Your wife."

He kissed her again then moved her on him. "My wife is so beautiful." She smiled. "My wife deserves the absolute best. I want my wife to know that I love her more than I've ever loved anyone in my life. I love you."

"I love you too. So much. I just want to thank you for not giving up on me, D, even when I deserved to be given up on. I meant what I said when I told you that you're the best man that I know and I'm lucky that Raina is around someone like you and thank you for not only marrying me but her as well and for being so understanding. I love you and not only because of those things, but simply because of who you are."

"What are husbands for?"

She smiled again then rested her head on his chest. "I love my husband."