Chapter 9

Bonnie smiled walking along the length of her room on the phone with her beloved. He wasn't able to visit this month making it two months since she's last seen him. The baby was growing fast and she would update him every week on how her belly looked. He loved those pictures and would tell her as such. She hated that they couldn't be together throughout it all, but Bonnie is working on getting an arrangement planned out. She knew that he said that he didn't want her working, but she found this packing job with after school hours from three to eight and gets paid eight dollars an hour. It wasn't much but she had her eyes on a nice studio apartment that she knew with hers and along with Stefan's income, that they could afford it. She was eighteen, her parents were no longer legally responsible for her anymore so if they told her that she couldn't, she would do it anyway.

"How are you doing, babe?"

"I'm fine, I just miss you."

"I got the picture you sent." Stefan changed the subject. "She's growing fast, I wish I could- so how are your folks?"

"Why are you jumping around the subject?"

"I know how upset it makes you, Bon, I just don't want you upset. I miss you terribly and I swear next month I'll visit and hopefully I can get a week off so I could be with you and the baby."

"Stefan what are we going to do when she's born? I don't want to be apart."

He sighed, "I know. We'll figure it out."

"I think I already have a solution. I know what you said about me working but I found-"

"Bonnie," he said out of frustration.

"I know, Stefan, but it's little work, I swear, I get to sit down and everything. I've had it for some time now and I was looking on the Internet and I found something."

"Something?"

She nodded. "A studio apartment. It's not much but it isn't little either. I went there with Care and Elena and it's actually really nice. Just like you, Stefan, I've been saving and I think that we can get it."

Stefan held the phone to his ear with his shoulder logging on his computer asking Bonnie for the name of the place. Like she said it wasn't much but it was enough for them. The kitchen was nice, it had a nice space and two bedrooms. The rent was low and Stefan knew that if he asked his parents that they would help them a little each month. This could work.

"Before I say anything, what do your parents think about it?"

Bonnie chewed on her bottom lip. "I haven't told them yet."

"Okay, well ask them and I'll ask mine and let's just pray on it and hope for the best."

"I don't want to hope, Stefan. I need you here with me, I don't care what my parents think. I'm moving in with you whether they like it or not."

"Okay," Stefan said hearing the firmness in her voice, "okay, we'll do it. I'll put in my two weeks and I'll be up there."

Bonnie smiled. "I'll see you in…?"

"Three weeks if not a month. I should go, I have to be at work soon. I'm going to put in extra hours so I may not be able to talk to you as much-"

"That's okay, we'll be together soon."

"I love you. Give our baby girl a hug for me."

"I will, we love you too."

After ending the call, Bonnie called her friends and together they drove to the place and paid the first three months rent. Each day, Bonnie would sneak things from her room and things from the house that have barely been used to the apartment until her bed with some other things were left. She was scared about the whole bed situation, but Elena's parents (who thought that Mr. and Mrs. Bennett approved) ended up buying her a queen sized bed set as a housewarming present and had it installed as well. She was thankful for them and as she crossed another day off her calendar, she realized that just tomorrow Stefan will be here