Chapter 4

Bonnie smiled just looking at Damon as he talked. She was barely paying attention to the words coming out of his mouth, but then she realized that she should, so she started to pay attention. She loved how passionate he was about certain topics and soon she found herself just staring again but then snapped out of it when their food arrived.

Caroline and Elena were previously with them just as buffers but once they thought that they were good on their own, they made up an excuse to leave and she was glad that they did because they were blocking her game.

"I'm sorry, I'm rambling."

"No, it's fine I love how passionate you are."

He only smiled. "So tell me about yourself."

She let out a breath. "Well I'm not sure how much Elena told you about me but I'm divorced and I have a thirteen year old girl with my ex husband. We are still pretty close which I like because Raina, that's my daughters name, won't have to deal with parents that hate each other. Let's see, I'm pretty boring although I enjoy a good adventure but I'm a mom so you know I can't do much."

"What's the custody issue between you two?"

"We trade off weekly. I know it seems pretty outrageous but it sucks that I can't see her 24/7 so,"

"Yeah I understand. My parents are divorced but unlike you, they hate each other. I'm glad Raina doesn't have to go through that because it sucks."

Bonnie nodded. "I didn't grow up in the best situation either. My dad was having an affair and that caused me to grow up quick. I had to do a lot of the stuff around the house because my mom was broken. She acted fine, but she was broken."

"How old were you when you found out?"

"Seventeen. I found out that it was going on for a while and honestly I'm surprised that my mom is still with him."

"You wouldn't have stayed?"

Bonnie was saved from answering when her phone went off and she saw that it was Raina so she had to answer it.

"Sorry it's my daughter."

Damon nodded in understanding and she stood up walking out the restaurant.

"Hey, baby, what's up?"

Damon watched her from the window and smiled when he saw her pace and stop to smile. He found her more attractive if that was even possible and all that he could think about was kissing her when she puckered her lips making kissing noises in the phone before she ended the call. He watched as she made her way back and smiled when she sat in front of him. She stared explaining why she had called but he was barely listing, just staring at her beauty.

:::

Stefan decided to take the day off today. There was no particular reason other than he's tired and he was hoping that Jay would do the same and she was but then remembered that she had an important meeting to go to. He suddenly wished that she didn't work and acted as a stay at home mom so she could be there whenever he wanted her but knew that she would never agree to such a thing because they're not married. He wasn't sure if he was going to marry her, there was a huge possibility, but they've never really discussed it and he's not going to bring it up until she does.

Turning to lay on his stomach, Stefan looked at the clock then wondered if Bonnie was home. Reaching over, Stefan grabbed his phone from the nightstand clearing his throat as it ringed.

"Yes?"

"I need you to feed me soup. I'm sick."

"Aw, and Jay didn't stay home with the sick baby?"