46: A Better Introduction

Gianna Romano

I walked into the trap with Nasir. Today was the day that Antonio finally would meet his maker. Devonte would be the one to kill him but I was going in first to do some damage of my own - at least that's what Nas assured me. I haven't spoken with Von since we got back. As soon as the jet touched down I went back to my own apartment, Jordan, Angelica and Alexis came with me. I didn't want to be in that house one bit and neither did the three of them; not with that woman in there anyway. She's even worse than I thought.

We made our way down to the basement where the cells were and headed straight to the one Antonio was in. I stepped inside and there the idiot was, standing on his own not chained anymore but he did have his feet bound together where he stood and his hands were tied around his back. He chuckled when he saw me and looked behind me, I guess for Devonte, and when he didn't see who he was looking for he laughed harder.

"Trouble in paradise?"

That was enough to make me snap.

I lunged at him and tackled him down to the floor. He let out a shriek when we landed since the weight of my body added to the impact with the hard concert flooring. I was practically sitting on his chest and started dealing continuous blows to his face with all the force I could possibly muster up. All the anger I was currently feeling because of the situation I was in Devonte was coming out in the moment and it was making Antonio feel the wrath of me ten times more. Soon his face was completely covered with blood from the several cuts I'd made and there definitely had to be bruising underneath but I still wasn't done.

"You piece of fucking shit! Fuck you!" I screamed and continued hitting him until suddenly his body went limp..but that didn't stop me.

"Aye, aye that's enough now." Nas said while lifting me off of Antonio's unconscious body. "I think it's time we get you back home. Alright?"

"Fine. Get off me now."

He released me from his grip. I took one last look at Antonio and made sure to spit on him before storming out of the room, only to bump into someone on my way out. His signature cologne tickled my senses letting me know who it was instantly. Devonte. I looked up at him only to see that he was already looking down at me. Then his eyes drifted down to my balled up fists that were coated in blood. I'm sure to have some of my own cuts and bruises.

"What happened to your hands?" He asked, grabbing my wrists to inspect my hands closer.

"Nothing, I'm fine."

"No you're not. Stop being stubborn and let me help you."

He pulled me back upstairs and down to his office, making sure to close and lock the door behind us. He lifted he onto his desk and disappeared for a few seconds before returning with a first aid kit, some paper towels and a damp cloth.

All his attention remained on my bloody hands. He gently wiped away all the blood which made me wince a couple of times confirming one thing - there's definitely cuts and or bruising. Then he carefully dabbed both my hands dry before opening up the first aid kit. He took out some alcohol wipes gave me an 'I'm sorry' look before cleaning my knuckles up some more. I hissed at the stinging sensation. When he was done he applied some special lotion that helps with the healing process before discarding of everything else he didn't need and returning the first aid kit to where it should be. Then a awkward silence fell upon us.

He sighed and rested his hands on my waist, rubbing gently with his thumbs. "I miss you baby. Please come back home."

"I can't Devonte. Not now."

"Why not?"

"You know why." I snapped, finally looking up to see the hurt in his eyes which made my heart soften. "I'm not going to put myself into an environment where I feel uncomfortable and it's not fair of you to expect that."