I Promise

3 Weeks Later

I was sat on my bed at my mum's house , i had accepted Nixon's offer , only because Dylan basically begged me. Dylan had only been given 2 months because despite what Nixon's bias Auntie said , there was no real damage done to Nixon , only a few bruises and scratches.

My mum hadn't talked to me much and she didn't really care what Nixon had done for me , she was to caught up in Adam , who i have to say wasn't that bad but no way would i shagg him. I had been visiting Dylan in Prison and every time i saw him i nearly broke down in tears , he was coming out in 5 weeks , but to me waiting for Dylan to be released felt like a life time , i had honestly realised how much i did actually love him.

I heard a knock at the front door and heard my mum walk toward it and greeting whoever was there. "she's up in here room".

What was she doing , not even asking me if i wanted the person who had come round in my room. I heard heavy footsteps trudging up the stairs and soon enough there was a small knock at my door. I walked over to it opening it a little to see who was standing there. A confused look covered my face.

"What are you doing here?" It was a low murmur. "I just wanted to check you were OK and how you were holding up with Dylan being inside and everything" Nate's  voice sounded concerned.

"I'm fine Nate , i'm just a little tired" , "yeah you look like shit"

"Aww thanks , when i need complementing i will be sure to come to you" , "Skylar you can come to me whenever you need to talk OK , i'm here for you". "Thanks Nate , sooooo , how are things going with you and Raven?".

"Skylar , nothing is going on with me and Raven , i don't like her in that way"  , "what? , but you kissed her when me and Nixon had the big argument and the way you were looking at her when we were at school"

"I was just being nice and i only kissed her because , me , Nixon , Max and Chase had all been listening to yours and Ravens conversation and we heard the deal that Raven had done. I only kissed her so that i could kiss you".

"Ohhh right , so do you like Raven at all ?"

"Yeah i like her as a friend and that's it , nothing more nothing less" , "Nate what is the real reason you are here?" . "OK erm . well , you see , i was just gonna , errm , do you wanna be my , errm will you be my girlfriend!" . Nate's question had totally thrown me off track , what was he thinking , he knew that me and Dylan were together , he knew that we were in a serious relationship.

"No Nate , i will not be your girlfriend , i am with Dylan and you know that" , "Yes Skylar i do know that , but he is not here is he , he's locked up in a cell for attacking Nixon , while you are here all alone wanting , needing , someone to hold you and tell you that they love you with all their heart ,i can be that person , you just have to say that you will be mine"

"GET OUT NOW , THE ONLY REASON THAT DYLAN IS INSIDE IS BECAUSE OF THE OFFER NIXON HAD MADE OK , DYLAN DIDN'T WANT ME TO GO DOWN ASWELL AS HIM OK AND IF YOU THINK THAT I WOULD EVER GO OUT WITH YOU THEN YOU ARE SO FUCKING SCREWED"

"I'm sorry Skylar , i don't know what i was thinking , i've just totally screwed up haven't i ?"

"No Nate i'm sorry i over reacted , i'm just stressed with everything Nixon won't stop ringing me , he keeps ringing like 15 times a day and he's constantly texting me , i feel trapped"

Nate embraced me in a hug wrapping his tattooed arms around my back , pulling me close to him and stroking the back of my head. "Skylar , you didn't deserve any of this , and i do promise , i will be here for you no matter what" "Thank you so much Nate you don't know how much that means to me"

I wrapped my arms around his waist and snuggled further into his chest , i had no feeling towards Nate like i did Dylan , Nate was just a friend and right now that is all i needed , Raven was so ill she couldn't even get out of bed because she had a major stomach bug.

We stood like that hugging for around 5 minutes until my legs started to ache and i moved away from him.

"Skylar do you want to go somewhere for a while just escape" , "Yeah i would love that" My mood ad lightened slightly , from the little conversation i had with Nate.

I grabbed my phone and jacket off my bed and headed down stairs with Nate in front of me , as i was opening the door i shouted to my mum "I'm going out for a bit" and then i walked outside closing it behind me.

I waled to Nate's car jumping in the passengers seat , soon Nate was speeding down the road ,i turned on the heating , goose bumps had covered my whole body and i was shivering violently.

"Are you ok Skylar?" , "Yeah i'm fine just a little cold but warming up now, where are we going anyway?"

"Errrm , somewhere you'll see" Nate sounded hesitant, this made me worry a little. Nate shifted in his seat a bit like he was nervous about something.

Suddenly the car stopped , swerving on to the curb. Nate undid his seat belt and got out of the car. He walked up to a familiar looking figure , i recognised who it was in a second .

Nixon was stood there with a small smirk on his face ,he started walking towards the car , i quickly locked all of the doors , so that he couldn't get in.

I curled my self up into a ball while Nixon shouted at me to open the door.

"Skylar open the door , i just want to talk to you please , I'm not going to hurt you". I looked towards the window where i saw Nixon was stood , He was looking straight at me.

I carefully uncurled myself and unlocked the doors , Nixon opened the door and slid into the drivers seat , while Nate sat on the ground outside.

"Nixon to be honest , i really don't care what you have to say anymore, you've ruined my life"

'"Skylar i know that , but i only did it because i care about you"

"No you don't Nixon , you only did all this because you knew that i never wanted you ,  because of you the person i love is in prison. Why couldn't you just accept that i didn't love you Nixon!"

"Because Skylar , when i came into your room and saw you there i felt something , i had never felt like that before , of all of the girls i have dated ,i have never felt that way about them , to me they were just some stupid slut that i could shagg whenever i wanted. You were different and unlike them you didn't want me , which made me want you more" Nixon was tearing up i just sat there shocked

"Nixon why didn't you just tell me?" "Because i don't people how i am feeling OK , i'm Nixon Staller the player ,not some soppy 17 year old who's chasing a girl and making her life hell because he knows that he can't have her"

"Listen Nixon I've had enough of this , i want us to be friends but you have to promise that you will stop this , you have to realise that we will never be together , and that i don't have those kind of feelings for you and have to accept mine and Dylan's relationship , OK "

"Are you being serious , i promise i will accept everything you say and , i will never do anything to hurt you again"

I leaned towards Nixon wrapping my arms around him , i could feel his body tense up from the shock that i had voluntarily hugged him on my own accord. Once he had got over the shock , he hugged me back , planting a soft kiss on the side of my head.

"Thank you Skylar , i will never hurt you again i Promise"

His words were soft and sounded honest , i just hoped that he meant them.