3.

Theodore

5 years. 5 whole damn years.

When anyone makes it 5 years after their remission and still have no sign of cancer they're considered to be cured of the horrific disease.

Today I got the best news of my life.

It's the news that I spent the last few years of my life wishing I would get.

Today I was told that I'm in complete remission.

I am now cancer free.

When I got the news, it was like this huge weight was lifted off my chest.

When I left the hospital, I immediately called my parents and they cried tears of joy.

I was so nervous today and Theodore Xavier Lexington rarely gets nervous. The only time I felt close to this nervous was when I had to undergo surgery to remove one of my testicles and had to undergo radiation and Chemotherapy.

At 25 years old, no one expects that their yearly routine physical would yield a cancer diagnosis. No one expects their fiancé to up and leave them in their time of need and no one expects their investors to pull out form the family business because someone at the hospital decided to break HIPAA laws and leak my illness to tabloids.

The waves of anxiety I felt that week was intense. In a week my life changed drastically.

The Lexington's have always been in the hospitality business.

As the story goes, Theodore Lexington came to this country in 1882 with only $50 in his front pocket and the clothes on his back.

He gambled half of that money and won a crappy building in a card game.

After getting the deed to the building, He found a job working construction and although not exactly legal, With his bare hands and materials he conveniently got from work, he fixed up the place.

With more and more people coming to America during those times and with the building being in a prime tourist destination of this city, he would rent out rooms for those looking for a decently priced temporary lodging.

As news spread of his wonderful hotel, more and more people were willing pay larger amounts to get a room because the city was also growing.

The success led to him buying another building and turning that building into another hotel and increasing his profit margins.

As the story goes, It was in the renovation process of his third hotel, when he met a dashing young man by the name of Xavier Bell. Xavier came to America to with his brother and his brothers lover.

They fled to America to escape persecution since England was experiencing a phenomenon where the males were conceiving and birthing babies.

Xavier's younger brother Nathaniel had fallen in love with the son of a famous lawyer. One thing lead to another and 3 months after they started their secret romance, the lawyers son Alexander was found to be pregnant.

The Bells were the sons of a preacher who demonized homosexual behavior and claimed that these pregnancies spawned babies who were devils. Their father even lead a raid into town and arrested several homosexual men. The babies that were born were tossed into the river in hopes of cleansing their souls before they died from drowning.

Alexander's family helped them escape because they couldn't watch their youngest child be thrown in jail and their grandchild taken and killed.

What some people thought was some saw as a curse, Theodore saw it to be a miracle.