3

Cari POV:

We chatted and caught up all the way home, i had missed Shannon's voice, it was so calming, i felt safe with her.

"Are you hungry?" I asked. "We can stop and get food if you want"

"No im not hungry, but can we stop anyway? I want to buy your mom some flowers and maybe your Dad something" Shannon said shyly.

She's so fucking cute, wanting to buy my parents presents, I'm still so in love with her it hurts. i hope quarantining together doesn't fuck things up.

"yeah sure, but you're too sweet, you don't have to buy them anything" i said back to her.

i looked over at her sat in the passenger seat and smiled, she was looking out the window, unaware of my stare, i could stare at her all day.

"woah keep your eyes on the road" Shannon said as she sat up in her seat because i was swerving, i got distracted looking at Shan's glowing skin.

We both laughed.

We arrived at the store and i waited in the car whilst Shan went in.

Shannon POV:

I could sense her staring at me, when she was driving, right before we swerved, but i diddnt want to make it apparent that i knew.

when we got to the store i went in alone, i knew what i was gonna get so it was only gonna be a quick  stop.

"I'll only be 5 minutes" I said and winked.

i rushed to the flowers and picked out two bouquets, one for Cari and one for her mom. Cari loves to get flowers, she doesn't care what kind, shes the same with any gift, she just appreciates the thought, the contents doe not matter. I also picked up some candy, choosing Cari's favourites. Just before heading to pay, i grabbed a bottle of Jack Daniels for Mr Fletcher, as i recalled that he liked that. Nothing too special, just a little something to thank them for having me.

I checked out and headed back to the car, as i was approaching, i couldn't help but admire her through the window, she was smiling at her phone and looked so beautiful. i smiled to myself as i got in the car, not noticing that Cari had noticed me smile.

"Why you cheesin" she questioned.

I wasnt about to tell her that i was smiling at how beautiful she was, so i side tracked the convo by giving her the flowers. 

"these are perfect, Mom will love them" she said

"No silly, these are for you, and some candy, i got another bouquet for your mom, i just wanted to get you something too, I missed you."

"Awh ba-"  she stopped herself, she was going to call me baby.

"that's so kind of you, i missed you too" she said, correcting herself

She started up the engine and started to drive, we put the radio on and continued in silence for the rest of the ride. Not an awkward silence though. It was nice just to feel her presence.