18. Noble Intentions and Moste Potente Potions

(Y/N)'s POV

"I always knew that Salazar Slytherin was a twisted old loony," Ron said to (Y/N), Hermione and Harry, as they moved their way through the teeming corridors at the end of the lesson to drop off their bags before dinner. "But I never knew he started all this pureblood stuff. I wouldn't be in his house if you paid me. Honestly, if the Sorting Hat had tried to put me in Slytherin, I'd've got the train straight back home."

Hermione nodded fervently at Ron's words, Harry looked like he was going to throw up. (Y/N) on the other hand, found what Ron was saying absolute rubbish. "You're being an idiot Ron. You're wrong about Slytherin."

Both Ron and Hermione looked to him like he was a serial killer. Hermione looked furious and her voice really showed it. "What are you talking about? (Y/N), he would've hated you because of who you are, because of your blood!"

"No, he would've hated where and who I came from." (Y/N) said in a tired tone. "As far as I'm concerned, Slytherin was a man with noble intentions for the good of witches and wizards, even if he had a bad execution."

Ron seemed like steam would come out his ears at any moment. "Bad execution? He created a chamber with something inside that would kill Muggle-borns!"

"Yeah, he did do that. Do you know why?"

Hermione spoke next with her furious tone that made it seem like fire was going to come out her mouth. "Yes, because he was psychopath who wanted to kill Muggle-borns because of their blood!"

"Nope. That's not what went through his mind when he made it." (Y/N) looked at his two fury-faced and sighed. "He thought Muggle-borns couldn't hold the secret about Hogwarts. He thought that they would be untrustworthy and lead the Muggles right to Hogwarts. When he created the Chamber of Secrets, he thought he had the best interest of the future generations of witches and wizards in mind. He wanted to protect purebloods, not because he saw them as better, because he cared about their wellbeing."

Ron and Hermione hadn't dropped their furious expressions so (Y/N) just rolled his eyes. "Alright, let's just say that everyone is entitled to their own opinions and interpretations. If you don't like my theory, don't like it. Just don't try and say I'm completely wrong, we'll never really know why. The man's dead so it's not like we can ask him."

After a brief encounter with Colin Creevey and Hermione's theory about the thing behind Mrs Norris' attack being non-human. The four of them turned a corner and found themselves at the end of the very corridor of Mrs Norris' attack.

They stopped and looked. The scene was just as it had been that night, except that there was no stiff hanging from the torch bracket, and an empty chair stood against the wall bearing the message 'The Chamber had been open.'

They looked at each other. The corridor was deserted. "Couldn't hurt to have poke around," said Harry, he dropped his bag on the floor and got on his hands and knees so that he could crawl along, searching for clues.

(Y/N) followed his lead and dropped his bag and moved to the wall where the message had been opened. He looked at the red message and felt the smell of blood waft in his nose. (Y/N) cringed slightly, but he continued to look at the message and he wondered where exactly the blood had come from, it couldn't have been a person. The culprit would be easy to spot if they had a bunch of bandages or were always in the Hospital Wing.

He pondered over the blood's origin before Harry called out. "Scorch marks!" Harry shouted out. "Here — and here —"

(Y/N) looked back towards Harry but then Hermione called out. "Come look at this!' she yelled. "This is funny..."