31. Duelling a Schoolboy Dark Lord

Harry's POV

After they left (Y/N), they continued their journey to the staff room. They entered the large, panelled room full of dark wooden chairs. Both of the paces around it, to excited to sit down.

They waited for the bell to signal break. But it never came. Neither did (Y/N), Harry cast nervous glances at the door in the hope that his friend would walk through the door any second.

Suddenly, Professor McGonagall's voice began to echo through the corridors, magically amplified.

"All students to return to their house dormitories at once. All teachers return to the staff room. Immediately, please."

Harry wheeled around to stare at Ron. "Not another attack? Not now?"

"What'll we do?" said Ron, aghast. "Go back to the dormitory?"

"No," said Harry, glancing around. There was an ugly sort of wardrobe to his left, full of the teachers' cloaks. "In here. Let's hear what's it all about. Then we can tell them what we've found out."

They quickly hid themselves inside it, listening to the rumbling of hundreds of people moving overhead, and the staff-room door banging open. From between the musty folds of the cloaks, they watched the teachers filtering into the room. Some of them were looking puzzled, others downright scared.

Then Professor McGonagall arrived.

"It has happened," she told the silent staff room. "Two students have been taken by the monster. Right into the Chamber itself."

Professor Flitwick let out a swirl. Professor Sprout clapped her hands over mouth. Snake gripped the back of a chair very hard and said, "How can you be sure?"

"The heir of Slytherin," said Professor McGonagall, who was very white, "left another message. Right underneath the first one. Their skeletons will lie in the Chamber forever."

Professor Flitwick burst into tears.

"Who are they?" said Madam Hooch, who had sunk, weak-kneed into a chair. "Which students?"

"Ginny Weasley and (Y/N) (L/N)," said Professor McGonagall.

(Y/N)'s POV

(Y/N)'s eyes slowly opened, his vision was blurred and he heard the sound of a rushing waterfall pound his ears.

His vision cleared little by little and (Y/N) that he was lying on a damp stone floor in some sort of long, dimly lit room. He pushed himself up onto his knees as he continued to look around the giant room.

Towering stone pillars entwined with carved serpents lined the walls and rose to support the ceiling, lost in darkness. The pillars emerged from what looked like small pools of water. (Y/N) looked to the front of the giant room to see a large statue of a face.

A face (Y/N) didn't know; ancient and monkey-like, with a long thin beard that almost fell to the bottom of the wizard's robes, where two enormous grey feet stood on the smooth chamber fall.

But that didn't matter, because standing near the feet of the giant statue was Ginny. (Y/N) reached in his pocket for his wand out of instinct but he couldn't find it. He drew a deep breath before getting on his feet and slowly walking over to Ginny.

His hands were trembling and his knees were shaking as he walking. He was dizzy and the room swirled around him as he swayed over to Ginny.

There was still a lingering pain inside (Y/N) from whatever curse that had used on him.

It didn't stop him though, as he walked up behind Ginny. He intended on sneaking up on her but it became clear very soon that she knew he was coming up behind her all along.