20. The Rogue Bludger

(Y/N)'s POV

"Hey, (Y/N) wa- oh you're already awake."

(Y/N) was indeed awake, after what happened with Hermione last night how could he get any sleep? It wasn't so much that she gave him a kiss on the cheek. It was her words, T-T-That's for always — uhm — I guess, just being you.

What in the hell did that mean?

"Well you should hurry and get out of bed," said Ron, standing over him like an omen. "The Quidditch match is today and we should get some breakfast, I'm starving."

"Since when have you not been hungry?" muttered (Y/N) as Ron said goodbye and walked out the room.

He put his clothes on and after pulling on his robe. (Y/N) caught sight of a particular scarf in a bundle lying in his trunk. (Y/N) could feel his blush forming but he still grabbed the scarf and draped it around his neck.

(Y/N) walked out his dorm and descended the steps into the Common Room. Hermione and Ron must've already joined Harry at breakfast because the three of them weren't anywhere to be seen.

He walked to the middle of the Common Room but out of the corner of his eye, he saw the familiar mass of brown bushy hair.

(Y/N) turned around and he saw a wide eyed Hermione. The two stood there awkwardly until Hermione stuttered in a weak voice. "T-That scarf looks n-n-nice on you."

"Thanks...s-so does yours."

The two of them just looked at each and (Y/N) realised how badly he was blushing. Hermione must've realised she was too as she brought the scarf up to hide her cheeks.

"Should we get going?" she said in a muffled voice as the scarf covered her mouth.

(Y/N) just nodded and the two made their way into the Great Hall. (Y/N) sat down with Hermione and looked over to the Gryffindor Quidditch team. It was a depressing sight, stiff shoulders, straight backs and not a single one was talking or eating.

As eleven o'clock approached, the whole school walked down to the Quidditch stadium. (Y/N), Hermione and Ron made their way over to Harry and wished him luck before he entered the changing room.

(Y/N) went to leave with Hermione and Ron but he felt someone seize the back of his robes and pull him into to the changing room. "(Y/N) can join you two in a minute!"

The voice of Oliver Wood shouted out and he left (Y/N) thoroughly confused. "Uhh, Oliver? You do remember I'm kinda banned from playing right?"

"Yeah trust me I remember," said Oliver in a cracked voice, nerves weighing on him heavily. "Don't tell the team I said this, but you know I'm awful at pep talks."

"You're alr-"

"Can you help me? We need some motivation!" Oliver clasped his hands together and he looked like he was about to drop to his knees and beg.

(Y/N) just stood there, nodded after a few seconds and Oliver's eyes lit up. "Cheers! You know where to go, just wait for the team!"

(Y/N) waited by Wood's magical blackboard and the team began to walk in. First, Oliver, then Angelina, followed Alicia and Katie, next came the twins and finally walked in a sickly-looking Harry.

"Right," said Oliver as he looked at his downtrodden teammates. "Uhh — er — well, (Y/N)." Oliver turned his head and soon every one of (Y/N)'s teammates was staring him down.

"Well this is no pressure at all," said (Y/N), letting out a nervous chuckle. After ten seconds he cleared his throat and began his improvised pep talk.