Leaving

(Killua's POV)

She had just... threatened him... and used an intimidation method so effective, even I was a little scared. She quickly grabbed a backpack and started packing.

"W-what are you doing..?"

"Packing. I'm clearly not staying here anymore. What do you think I was doing?" All of the bloodlust she had been basically bathing in a minute ago was gone, replaced with eagerness and something that looked like exhaustion. Her movements were slow and labored, and I now realized they had been from the minute I saw her again.

After a moment of silence except for the movement of the objects she decided were necessary, she put the backpack on and looked at me. "We going to leave now?"

It took me a moment to realize what she meant, but after that moment I nodded and quickly left her room, going to find Gon again. After a little bit of walking side-by-side, I felt her small, cold hand slip into mine.

"Thanks..."

"For what? I didn't do anything special. Just what any friend would." I said. She looked away from me, her face slightly pale.

"For coming back... most friends I've had before didn't care, or left me and never came back..." She bit her lip and stared at the floor. I started to wonder how she walked like that constantly. Must be hard to see where you're going when all you see is the floor.

"How do you walk like that?" I blurted out. She looked up at me and gave me a look that plainly said 'huh?' "I-I mean... looking at the ground constantly... how do you see where you're going..?" Her eyes softened in recognition and she smiled.

"I can see other's feet if I need to avoid them, and other than that it's mostly memorization. And also... I'm holding your hand... simple movements can tell me where we are and were we're going. Easy." Her smile widened slightly. I felt my cheeks heat up and looked away from her.

"O-oh..." We were silent again for a moment until I said, "Don't thank me..."

"W-what?"

"That's what friends do... help each other... it's useless to keep thanking each other, so don't thank me."

"Oh- I guess that makes sense... if you don't want me to, I'll try not to, then. But I can't make any promises." She said. I let out a breath of slight annoyance.

"Fine. At least you're gonna try. I don't think I could bear taking that smile too many times..." I muttered. Her ears flicked down slightly, and I realized she had heard me, making me blush. "U-um- I mean- it's cute- you're cute- I mean-"

Her soft giggle stopped me from stumbling over my words any further. "I'm glad you think I'm cute," She smiled at me. "Otherwise I might feel a little disappointed, hehe~" I felt my face heat up even more as I saw the slight blush on her cheeks.

"Y/n..?" A small voice made her freeze in her tracks, making me stop in caution. I turned to see two small girls staring back at us, both with teary eyes. The taller, and probably older one had light brown hair and brown eyes that were a few shades darker than hair. The younger one had strawberry blonde hair and blue eyes, along with small freckles dotting her nose and cheeks, similar. If you lined the three girls up, it looked almost like they faded from one girl to the next, from dark reddish-brown hair and almost black eyes to blonde hair and blue eyes.

You could see similarities in all three girls, but the younger two were much more similar than the oldest was to either one. Y/n almost looked... out of place. Y/n stopped when she saw the girls holding hands in front of them. "Sozoshi... Himei..."

"Awe you leaving us, N/n (nickname)? B-but we wanted you to play with us..." The younger one asked. Y/n seemed to perk up and rushed into a hug with the small girl.

"No, no! I'm so sorry, Himei... I don't want to leave you guys, and I would love to play with you, but... I need to be with my friends..." The small girl teared up at Y/n's words and looked on the verge of crying. "Hey, how about this," Y/n's voice was soft and kind. "Next time I see you we can play a suuuper fun game! And you could make me a surprise! I love the surprises you make me, and then we can play the most fun game you can think of!" She smiled at Himei.

Sozoshi seemed to look less sad and more angry. "You always say that you're gonna play with us, but then you say no! You never keep you're promises." Y/n's face went blank as she turned to Sozoshi, her face saying 'you little-' and her eyes narrowing slightly.

"Sozoshi... this time I really promise. Next time you see me, we will play at least one game together. I swear." She slowly let go of Himei, who had calmed down a little at her promise, and patted Sozoshi's head a few times.

I had this strange feeling in my chest as I watched her interact with the small children. Himei and Sozoshi both closed in to give her a hug, and she looked slightly uncomfortable, but hugged them back for a moment before backing up and smiling at them. "Have fun with your friends!" Himei smiled before looking over to me and her smile turned slightly evil. "And your boyfriend too~"

Y/n went pale and started laughing. "H-he's not my- what gave you that idea!?"

"He's the one who came to rescue the princess from the tower, right? So he's your boyfriend!"

"HE'S NOT MY BOYFRIEND!" Y/n looked really pale now. "You're the ones who had boyfriends at like- five! Don't act like I'm some romantic the way you two are! Sozoshi, I see you! Don't try to run away! I know about Roman! Yeah, don't give me that look. You think I don't know about the other boy, too? Ohoho- you've got something in store for you!" Y/n smirked and tackled her.

"NOOOO! HE WASN'T MY BOYFRIEND!" Sozoshi squirmed and tried to get out of Y/n's hold.

"You said he was~" Y/n giggled.

"UGH! JUST GO MAKE OUT WITH YOUR BOYFRIEND OR WHATEVER AND LEAVE ME ALONE!" Sozoshi yelled. Y/n hopped up and dusted off her knees.

"Eeehh, I have a few more important things to do." She turned and started walking away before looking over her shoulder and calling out, "And by the way, he's still not my boyfriend. I'm only twelve, don't make up something as idiotic as me making out with a boy I met a few months ago. You two are the ones who would do that, not me." And then sashayed away. I shook my head and hurried to catch up with her, leaving the two smaller girls in confusion.

"W-what was that about..? And who were they..?"

"My sisters, Sozoshi and Himei. Sososhi's the one who said that the boy she kissed and called her boyfriend wasn't her boyfriend when they were five, and Himei is the one that can pass for cute when she's not being an absolute demon. They both suck most of the time, but that was pretty damn good for them." She waved her hand, as if dismissing the idea.

"Oh... and... why did they call me your boyfriend..?" My words made her blush for a moment before looking at her feet again.

"Uh... they have this idea in their heads that I like you or whatever. I was talking about hypotheticals, and, well, they seemed to get the idea that I had someone I actually liked. I-I don't. Don't assume things." She looked me in the eyes, her eyes saying 'if you mention this ever again I will slit your throat', and I didn't doubt she would at least try. "A-anyways, where is Gon?"

"He's still waiting at the gate to this place. Told me he would stall with the guards."

"Mm... well, we should probably hurry. You mind if I...?"

"Not at all, go ahead." I said. She smiled and transformed into her kitten form, and then hopped onto my shoulder, then up on top of my head. She snuggled up into a comfortable position and then let out a quiet mew.

I smiled and started running as fast as I could out of the house and back to the gate where Gon was waiting.

I missed you, Y/n...

End of Chapter.