Dimache - Hangover

"She like: "What you want from me? I'm not even your type"
But you got my attention, you're something that I like
Let's get out this club, it's time to go (it's time)
Cause I got some questions I need to know

Who's giving you all your love? (who is?)
Who's bringing you all your pain?
Who's making sure that you straight?
I'm impressed, but I'm interested
Give me the time and the day
Girl, I'll put you on my plane
I bet I never be late
Yeah, you could get all of my love."

His head is pounding as he opens his eyes.
Lucas groans as he sits up.
He walks to the bathroom, throwing up into the toilet before looking at himself in the mirror.

He looks awful, pale, and dehydrated.
Annoyed, he takes a shower and puts on a pair of navy blue sweatpants and the Bordeaux red hoodie of his University before he takes an Advil.
In the kitchen, he tries to remember if he'd picked up a burrito or something quick to eat from somewhere while staggering back home.
But while his memory's no help, the fridge also says no, that sort of thing didn't happen, so Lucas has no other choice but to cook himself a hangover breakfast.

He hates doing that wholeheartedly.
So, to get around cooking, he decides to call his friends via FaceTime, hoping that they've got some recommendations for him.
After a while, all of the gang members have picked up.
"Lucas! What's cooking, good-looking? Nice to see your handsome face again!", Yann screams out excitedly, waving at the camera.
"Putain, Yann! I'm hungover, don't yell!", Lucas shrieks, almost dropping his phone.
"Oh, the gentleman's hungover. What's the occasion?", Arthur asks.
"Nothing special, just trying to de-stress a little bit", Lucas says. "Les gars, I need your advice. I don't know what to cook and I'm going to die if you guys don't recommend me good things to cook while being hungover", he then adds, wanting to get going.

"What I personally like to eat while being hungover are scrambled eggs with bacon, lots of bacon, croissants and an apple as a healthy side dish", Arthur says, "And don't forget to drink a little bit of beer, so that can counterbalance the hangover."
"Hahaha, let him drink beer so that he'll feel even worse, le con", Lucas pokes fun at his friend, sneering into the camera.
"No, for real les gars, I need some serious advice", Lucas adds.
Arthur grimaces. "I think he was being serious, though", Basile comes in to defend his friend.
"My go-to meal when hungover consists of a piece of bread with salami and a sunny side up egg on top, a cup of black coffee and a glass of orange juice are essential", Yann says and Lucas frowns.
"I have salami and I think I can drink my coffee completely black for once, but I'll definitely not head out to the bakery, looking like a hot mess", Lucas says.
"Then don't do it", Yann advises and Lucas nods.

He prepares scrambled eggs and one sunny side up egg, toasts a piece of bread and pours himself a glass of orange juice.
"I fucking hate that", Lucas frowns as he waits for his coffee, getting done with preparing his sandwich. He takes a bite, chuckling, stunned.
"But that is delicious, to be fair", Lucas acknowledges as he puts his plate down on the kitchen table.
"I always eat a classic, English breakfast after a long night out. Luckily I can help Daphné in the kitchen after I'm up in the morning afterward, love cooking together with her", Basile says.
"We don't all have a Daphné in our lives, Baz", Lucas sneers as he takes a sip of his coffee, frowning at the taste.

"Speaking of which, how's dating going, Lu Lu?", Yann asks curiously, taking a sip of his energy drink.
"It's going", Lucas responds, picking up a bit of scrambled egg with his fork.
"Oh come on now, Lu Lu. Hasn't someone caught your attention yet?", Basile asks slowly, trying to cajole more information out of his friend.
"Fucking fine, I like someone, there. Satisfied?", Lucas lets out, annoyed with his friends.
He loves them to bits, but they could get on his nerves sometimes.
"And who's the lucky one?", Yann asks, leaning forward.
"Someone who's new on campus, from Norway. Alright? I'm not telling you guys more, you'll have to wait. I'll send some videos from the party to you guys in our group chat, but that's all you're getting for now", Lucas says, setting his cup down on the table.

He says goodbye to his friends after catching up on their lives, sending the videos from the party yesterday into their group chat.
While he's laying in bed, deciding on whether to take a nap now or later, his phone buzzes.
It's Isak, asking him how he's feeling.
Lucas responds that he's feeling better after eating something, advising Isak to do the same.
He ends up falling asleep, his body deciding to fix his messed up sleep schedule on its own.

Lucas and Isak end up talking to each other over the phone, both too tired to meet up this time.
They also need to get some studying done, therefore there wouldn't have been much room to talk this time anyway.

Later that day, Lucas cleans up his room while listening to German rap songs.
He doesn't remember exactly how he got there, probably over the random songs that Spotify recommends to him on the daily.
Going through his gallery, he smiles at the photos that he'd taken with Isak.
They both look so excited, so happy to be out and about - it's beautiful.

Exhausted from studying, Lucas decides to go out for a quick run.
Listening to Crow, Lucas jogs down the street, through the park, past his University, and then back home.
He tries to clear his head. Does he want a serious relationship with Isak? And does Isak want the same?
Or are they simply creating a friendship plus sort of thing? Aren't they way past the whole friendship thing?
Lucas wants something serious, he wants and needs clarity.
Maybe Isak feels the same way.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

[Word count: 1050 words]

The hungover breakfast ideas are from a video called "Wir testen (angetrunken) Katerfrühstück" by Feierabend (a German YouTube channel).
The lyrics at the top are from the song "Who's" by Jacquees.