Chapter Twenty Three

I plop into a chair and bury my head in my hands. I breathe out so hard that I feel it in my hair.
"So why don't you tell us the real thing about this whole necklace and all this rubbish?" says Kenji.
"Kenji," scolds Castle. "Easy."
"No Castle," I mumble. "They deserve to know."
Kent grabs a chair and rolls it beside me. He sits on it backwards, with his legs propped on each side on the chair. He crosses his arms on the head of the chair and rests his head on them, leaving his eyes out so he can see around him.
He turns his head towards James, and tells him to go sit near the back of the room. I remember having the conversation with him that having him alone in his room isn't safe anymore. He turns his head again and looks at me deeply, right in the eyes.
"You better speak up and tell us everything right now. And if you miss anything out, I will personally kill you."
I would expect someone to laugh, but nobody does.
"Okay," I say as calmly as I can. "Delalieu is my grandfather."
Kenji snorts.
"We know that now. Keep going!"
"Okay," I reply simply. "My mom is his daughter. She had a gift like Juliette, but more severe. The necklace he put on Juliette was a gift from my mother."
"And where's your mother now?" asks Kent.
"She's passed on," I reply blankly.
I see the colour drain from James face at the back of the room.
"I'm so sorry, Warner," he squeaks. "I'm so so so so so-"
"James! Sit down!" yells Kent.
He sinks back into his spot at the back of the room.
"Why does he want to take revenge on her? What has she ever done to him?" asks Kenji.
"I don't know," I reply as I bury my head in my hands. I take a seat on the closest chair. "I just don't know."
Castle sits down beside me and puts a hand on my shoulder.
"We'll figure this out. Don't worry, Warner. I'll keep my promises."

Love really can make you weak

A few minutes pass, and I decide its time to tell them.
"I said that I know a flaw in Delalieu's plan, and I wasn't lying," I half cough out.
Everyone stares up at me, clearly waiting for me to go on.
I cough once and scan everyone's faces.
And I tell them everything.