Chapter Twenty

I fell back asleep after Delalieu came to talk to me.
I hate him for waking me up while I was spending time with Juliette.
And I hate him for doing this to Juliette in the first place.
Why doesn't he just kill me himself?
But of course he won't.
He would want me to suffer.
He would want me to die from the hands that I love most.
He learned a lot from Anderson.

My eyes peeled open at the gleam of sunlight at 6 AM.
I threw off the covers and got dressed in a simple white button up shirt and black pants. I put some black shoes on and ran a hand through my hair. I had to go and call a meeting with everybody and tell them what Delaleiu had told me.
I run to the lower floor and grab the intercom
"ALL MEMBERS REPORT TO CONFERENCE ROOM A4 IMMEDIATELY. BRING IDENTITY AND A GUN."
I repeat the message 3 times over the intercom before I head to me conference room myself. I know that Delalieu can hear the message as well, but I know that he will go with Juliette to make sure nobody tries to sneak a move on her.
Everyone reports to the conference room in 5 minutes. Everyone brings identity and a gun, just as told.
We all take our assigned seats. I cringe as I look in front of me at the other head seat of the table. Juliette's seat is empty and it drives me insane. Delaleiu's usual spot near the back of the room is also empty.
I can't believe I ever thought of him as my grandfather.
He's a heartless bastard; a monster.
I will make him pay for it.

As soon as everyone's settled, I slam a fist into the table, shaking the whole thing and immediately calling everyone's attention to myself. All heads turn in my direction as the room drops silence.
I stand up in my seat and look at everyone.
"I was visited by Delalieu," I say as quick as I can.
"What? Repeat that. I don't think I heard that right," says Kenji.
"I was visited by Delalieu," I repeat.
I hear gasps and murmurs around the room. Whispers from everyone's mouth and the occasion curse flying around the room. I bang my hand on the table again, silencing the room.
"Are you sure you weren't dreaming?" says Kent.
"You're going insane!" screams Kenji.
"SHUT THE HELL UP EVERYONE!" Sara and Sonya scream in unison.
"I wasn't dreaming. And no, I'm not going insane. I can tell you everything he said," I say.
Castle rests his head on his hand, which is clenched into a fist. He tilts his head towards me, showing a lot of interest.
Everyone takes a deep breath.
And I tell them everything.

***

The room is in absolute chaos.
Everyone's shouting different things, different ideas as to what each sentence can mean and different theories.
Kenji is screaming the loudest, followed by Kents awful screaming. Castles head is in his hands, his face red hot. The Girls are pacing around the room, murmuring to themselves. Everyone else is yelling at each other and occasionally yelling at me.
The room is oddly hot. Everyone is angry, everyone is red. Everyone's worried and everyone's sweating. I open a window a tiny bit to let in some fresh air, but Castle comes by and slams it shut.
"Don't be crazy Warner," he says between deep breaths. "Anyone can hear us outside. There still are rebellious sectors that could want to kill us."
I walk away from the window. I walk away from everyone and lean against the wall that Delalieu usually leans in. I tilt my head towards the ceiling and close my eyes.
My head is spinning from everything that's happened in the past few days.
Everything is so hard to process right now.
Thoughts are flooding into my mind with every breath I take.
Juliette's laughter.
Her face.
Her words.
Her attempts to help us figure something out.

It hits me, so suddenly I can feel the impact shaking my head. I'm so dizzy I have to press my hands against the wall to keep me from falling over.

"Whatever plans I get, I write down. Any words that come to my mind that aren't my own. I always write them down."

The earth is spinning so fast it knocks the breath out of me.

KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL

No specification. No names. No direct orders.
Except for one procedure.

Only one.