Epilogue

"Castle! Get back here!" yells Juliette.
Our two year old is running around the room on his chubby legs with vegetables dripping out of the sides of his mouth. His blonde hair is stuck onto his head from dumping water on his head, and his green eyes shine in the light of the room.
I chase after him, grabbing his arm and pulling him back to Juliette with my one free arm.
Alexis, our four month old daughter, is in my other hand, squirming to get out. Her brown hair is barely visible through her bald head, and her giant green eyes eye me with a devious look in them, as if she might lunge out of my arms and take over the world.
I've gotten less then 3 hours of sleep every night since she was born, and Juliette has gotten close to none.
I knew how much work children would be, but I agreed to have them anyway.
And I don't regret it.
I feel as if having a family is the best way to move forward.
That having a family is the best way to provide happiness for yourself.
I sit down next to Juliette and Castle with Alexis in my arms.
I look around at my family.
And I finally understand.
We made happiness from the ashes of destruction.
I look over a Juliette who continues to shove vegetables in Castles mouth.
I smile.
"What's so funny?" asks Juliette.
"Nothing," I reply with the largest grin on my face. "It's just that you're so beautiful."
She smiles and looks away, blushing.
Maybe it's true.
Maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel.