Chapter Seven

"Castle, here man have some water," says Kenji, offering him a glass of water.
He nods and takes the cup. He gulps it down in 2 sips.
Sonya and Sarah told us to leave him alone until he gains consciousness again. We waited for an hour until he woke up again.
"Alright, enough pampering now. Tell us who the person is!" I demand.
Kenji walks over and slaps my face.
"He just frikken woke up from being attacked and you come here demanding information about his attack from him!? Have a little shame!" yells Kenji.
Anger fills me up.
My face is burning, and not just because Kenji slapped me.
"WELL AT LEAST HE'S AWAKE," I yell back. "JULIETTE MAY NEVER WAKE UP IF YOUR LITTLE CASTLE HERE DOESN'T HURRY UP AND TALK TO US!"
Kenji's face goes red. He clenches his hands into fists.
"Oh I'm so sorry that the looooovvveeeee of your life is unconscious," he mocks.
I conjure up as much power as I can. I conjure up Juliette's power of touch and punch Kenji. He lies on the floor for a second before he gets up.
He disappears.
Damn it! I should've taken his invisibility from him!
I can't see where he is now. He comes and attacks me from behind, making me fall face first. I can feel him sitting on my back. I take my fist and dig it into something that I guess is either his stomach or ribcage. He shrieks and strikes the back of my head with everything he's got. I stand up, flipping him over so he gets off my back. I can see him coming back into sight.
His face is bloody and so is mine. He stands up and punches my face. He broke one of my teeth, I can feel it.
"WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT MESS WITH MY FACE!" I scream.
I charge towards him and he's lying on the ground now.
"Oh sorry, pretty boy," he says in an annoying tone. "Didn't realize that your love won't kiss you if your face is ugly."
I grab his arm and twist it.
He screams.
I feel arms wrap around me and pull me back.
Kent and Sonya grab Kenji, and he kicks each of them.
"Let. Me. Go," I scream at the arms which I'm sure belong to Castle and Sarah.
They tighten their grip on me and drag me into the corner of my room. They wait until Kent and Sonya take Kenji out of the room. Then they release me.
"What the hell were you thinking," asks Castle.
"He's just concerned about Castle. Don't take your frustration about Juliette out on him," says Sonya.
I sit down beside Juliette and ask Castle and Sonya to leave. They nod and shut the door behind them. I can hear bickering outside my door which means they're debating whether or not they should stay. Castle opens the door and says he'll be back in 3 hours to watch Juliette. I nod and urge him to leave.
"Juliette, love," I whisper. "Please wake up. Your absence is driving me insane. I don't know if I can function another day without you. Please, love. Please."
I wrap my arms around her.
I feel her flinch.
I let go immediately and begin staring at her again.
I swear this love will drive me crazy.

***

Castle comes in after three hours to find me asleep with my head resting on Juliette's stomach. I cleaned my cuts earlier. I used the soap that Juliette loved and it only made me miss her even more.
God I wish she woke up soon.
I'll have to get Delalieu to do an implant on my broken tooth soon.
Perfection is something I live for.
Castle tells me to go do whatever I have to do and he'll watch Juliette. I nod, but he grabs my arm before he leaves.
"Warner. I told the others this already," he says. His voice is shaking. "I didn't want to tell you and Kenji together. You can yell at me all you want, but not in front of Kenji."
I steady my eyes on his face. He looks worried.
"When I passed out for the second time," he continues. "It's like someone altered with my mind. I knew before who it was, I know I did. But then when I woke up I just, it's like someone wiped my memory. I can't remember who it was. I can't remember a face anymore, or a name. But when I woke up, I checked my gun. I had one bullet less than I had when you handed it to me."
The only people that were shot were the rebel and Delalieu. The rebel was killed by Kenji and the rebel shot Delalieu.
Someone else was shot in the building by Castle. And we have to find them in order to wake Juliette.
"Warner," says Castle in a very soothing tone. "Are you angry?"
"No Castle," I reply. "Thank you. You just made this a whole lot easier."
He smiles at me and I begin to walk out the door with a stack of papers. With Juliette unconscious, I have to cover for her part of the work as well. It's very stressful.
Just as I'm about to leave, I hear a slam. I turn around to see Castle on his knees, his hands trembling.
I bolt towards him. Before I can say anything, he hands me a piece of paper. I open it and start to sweat.

MY POWER ON HER MAY BE WEAKENING, BUT I AM NOT. I KNOW YOU WILL NOT STOP TRYING TO FIND ME. AND MAY YOU NEVER STOP COMING UNTIL I KILL YOU, AARON WARNER. MAY YOU NEVER STOP COMING UNTIL I MAKE YOU BLEED.