Chapter Five

I fell asleep in my office, with my head on my desk. I woke up at 3:47 AM with a sharp pain in my left arm. My head was resting on my left arm, right on top of my bullet wound. Clearly, it wasn't healed yet.
I got up and took a walk. I looked around my office. I remember when Juliette walked in there, when she told me that she loved me. When I didn't know what to do other than to kiss her. I remember her face, the way her lips curled up into smiles. The way she always glanced at my dimples when I smiled. I miss her so much.
I slowly crack open the office door to see Castle awake and sitting beside Juliette. I walk over to him as quietly as I can.
"Hey Castle," I whisper. "There's a couch in my office. Go get some sleep. I'll watch her until morning."
Castle gets up and nods at me. He goes into my office and shuts the door behind him. I can see his shadow through the window, lying down on the couch. Soon his body is motionless, and I know he's asleep.
I sit down beside Juliette and take her hand in my own.
"Hello, sweetheart," I whisper to her.
I remember when she told me that she loved being called sweetheart. Gosh, I miss hearing her voice.
After about an hour of whispering to her, I put her hand down and lean back. I pull the note out of my pocket.
GOOD LUCK AARON WARNER.
Whoever is responsible for this, they know my first name. That means that it's either someone who used to be my dads direct worker, or someone who used to be in Omega Point.
I put the note back into my pocket. I lay down beside Juliette.
"Come on, love. Tell me who did this to you."
And for a split second, I saw Juliette move her lips to tell me something. I stood up and leaned over her.
Maybe it was a trick of my eyes?
Maybe it was just a flicker of light?
But it couldn't have been. I refuse to believe it.
I lean in towards her.
"Juliette?"