Chapter 2

Will and Calista were asleep by a tree as Alice was practising her sword fighting skills. A ricocheting branch hit Will on the head, waking him from his sleep.

"What the bloody hell?" Will said as he jerked, waking up.

Calista felt Will jerk and it woke her up, "Ugh... I hoped this was a dream..." Calista muttered.

"Good, you're both up," Alice said as she continued practising sword fighting.

"What are you doing?" Calista asked as she looked at Alice as she sat up.

"I'm getting ready. I'm a bit rusty," Alice said as she began to start hacking the tree.

"There. Now you've gone and hurt the tree. Happy?" Will said and Calista chuckled.

"I'll be happy once we get Cyrus back. We need to get moving. We've been in Wonderland for too long. Our enemies know we're here," Alice said.

"Our enemies? Who would they be?" Will asked.

"Excellent question. Come on," Alice offered her hand to Will, he took it and she helped him up, "I know a plan, Knave, Calista," Alice said.

"And a new outfit? Where'd you get that?" Will asked as he offered Calista his hand, she took it and he pulled her up.

"The clothes horse came by," Alice said.

"The what?" Calista asked.

"Of course it did," Will said.

"Our biggest problem is that we don't know where Cyrus is. He could be trapped somewhere or captured..." Alice said.

"Look, is there any chance of a coffee horse coming by? I can't really..." Will said.

"Is that a real thing in Wonderland?" Calista asked.

"Possibly," Will said.

Calista touched her hair, "Have I got something in my hair?" Calista asked.

Will walked over and brushed his fingers through her hair, bringing out small twigs, "Yeah, what did you to used to sleep on when you were in Neverland?" Will asked.

"When we saved Henry?" Will nodded, "Uh, my brother's stomach was my pillow or I'd use his jacket," Calista said.

"But then I realised," Calista and Will looked back at Alice, "We don't need to know where he is," Alice said.

"Oh, we don't?" Will asked as they looked over to her as she paced.

"Because we know something, something nobody else does. We know where the bottle is hidden," Alice said.

"I'm not sure if you're clear on what the word 'we' means," Calista said.

"It's a two-step plan. Step one: We find the bottle. Step two: We make three harmless wishes and no matter where he is, he'll just get drawn back inside," Alice said.

"I thought you said, there's no such thing as a harmless wish?" Will questioned.

"True, if you wish for something big but if you wish for something small and innocent like a... Cupcake. It should be fine," Alice looked at Will, "Which, um... Brings us to you," Alice said as she stepped to him.

"Here it comes," Will said.

"You'll grab the bottle and Cyrus will reappear and we'll be together again. Then we'll figure out a way to truly free him once and for all," Alice said.

"Um, Alice. Once I rub the bottle, doesn't that make Cyrus my genie?" Will said.

"Will..." Calista said.