Chapter 4

Alice, Calista and Will were walking through the woods, heading towards the Red Queen's castle.

"Going after the Red Queen is a bad idea, Alice," Will said.

"She stole Cyrus' bottle. It only stands to reason that she has Cyrus as well," Alice said.

"So, you're gonna go after the entire Red Army by yourself?" Will asked.

"If that's what it takes," Alice said.

"There's gotta be a smarter way," Calista said.

"There is," Will said.

"Is there now?" Alice asked.

"Play with the hand you've been dealt, Alice," Will said.

"I've seen your cards, Knave, and they're quite lacking," Alice said.

"Which is exactly the time to start bluffing. Look, the White Rabbit, he has no idea that we know he's working for the Queen. We need to use that to our advantage, fool him into telling us where Cyrus is," Will said.

"Or we could pick him up by the feet, dangle him over a cliff until he tells us everything he knows," Alice said.

"We gotta work on your poker face," Calista said.

They heard voices in the distance, "Did you two hear that?" Alice asked.

"Aye," Calista said.

"I did," Will said.

"Ooh," The voice got closer and they ducked behind a bush, "Someone's following us," Alice whispered.

"By the sounds of things, I'd say several someones," Will whispered.

"Do you recognise them?" Calista whispered.

"They work for the Caterpillar. They're Collectors," Will whispered.

Alice gasped, "I'm guessing that's bad..." Calista whispered.

"Yeah... What are our options?" Alice asked.

"Well, basically, we could die, or we could run," Will said.

"I don't particularly care for the first one," Alice said.

"Same," Calista said.

"Me, neither. Left or right?" Will said.

"Left," Alice said.

"Okay," Will said and the three of them started running through the woods.

The Collectors noticed them, "There he goes!" The Collectors followed in pursuit.

Calista, Will and Alice soon lost them and hide in a large tree stump, "I'm the one they want. We should split up," Will said.

"We should stay and fight," Alice said.

"Or better idea, you two stay and I go," Will got up and looked at the Collectors, "Oi! Over here!" Will yelled.

"Will, no!" Calista said.

"I'll be fine. I know these woods like the back of my hand-" Will turned and started to leave then tripped up and quickly got up, "I'm fine!" Will said.

 I know these woods like the back of my hand-" Will turned and started to leave then tripped up and quickly got up, "I'm fine!" Will said