Chapter 6

Alice and Calista were walking along a forest trail, "So, you know where we're going?" Calista asked.

"All we have to do is follow the sun west and we'll get to him," Alice said.

"Sounds like a plan," Calista said.

Calista and Alice continued down a forest trail and passed two campers who were roasting food over an open fire. One of them walked over and blocked their path.

"Hole on there. Where do you two think you're headed?" Thief one asked.

Calista glanced between the two then looked back at thief one, "We're heading west. We need to find someone and you're blocking our way," Calista said.

"You two keep heading west, you'll end p in the Black Forest, love. You won't find anyone there," Thief one said.

Theif two walked over, "They say it's so dark you can't even find your own nose," He said.

"We'll take our chances. Cheers, mates," Calista said and they tried to leave but the thieves blocked their path again.

"That seems awfully dangerous, don't it? Two little girls travelling alone. They may not know the rules," Thief two said.

"See, this is a toll road. You two need to pay the toll," Thief one said.

"Now be a good girl and give us that necklace," Thief two pointed to Alice's pendant, "And that blade," Thief two said pointed to Calista's sword.

"Alice, do me a favour, go on ahead... I'm a bit rusty and can't say I won't hurt you," Calista said as she drew her sword.

"Calista?" Alice said.

"Just a few feet ahead, should be enough space while I have my morning exercise," Calista said as she twirled her sword in her hand.

"Careful who you threaten, love. No marble or sword is worth losing your life," Thief one said.

"Never tell a pirate what's valuable enough to lose our lives over, we can deduct that ourselves," Calista said and lunged forward.

Alice took a few steps back watching Calista overpowering thief two, Calista kicked thief two backwards and grabbed him by his hair throwing him to the ground. She turned around and ducked when thief one swung a branch at her, she swiped her foot against his feet, knocking him on the ground then kicked him in the face before pointing her sword at his neck.

"Be careful who you threaten, love," Calista said.

Alice picked up a burning branch from the thieves campfire, "Thanks for the light," Alice said and the two walked on down the forest trail as Calista sheathed her sword, "Thanks."

"I lied... Not even close to my old morning exercise," Calista said and they chuckled.

Later, Alice and Calista journeyed through the forest until they passed a plaque on the road that read 'Dead end of the Queens road'

Later, Alice and Calista journeyed through the forest until they passed a plaque on the road that read 'Dead end of the Queens road'. The two passed it without a second through and saw another plaque.