In anew course

Now it was the first day of school, I woke up at sunrise, through the glass door, I saw the dark navy sky was starting to get an orange tint from below.

Maria's arm was resting at my chest while the other was under a pillow. Her hair was covering her eyes, she was wearing a silk black nightgown while I was wearing an orange taco themed jumper.

I got scared when I realized my left hand was under Maria's pillow, holding her hand that was under her pillow as well.

I mean it's not like I hated that but it was probably the first time that happened maybe it was because my body started to be more comfortable with Maria.

Anyways, I woke Maria up, a few thin strands of her hair was glued to her mouth thanks to some salivas.

And when she woke up, she slid back her hair even those that touched her cheeks. We prepared for our first day, she first took a bath and I came in second. After finishing my bath and changing into my uniform. I went to the dining area where Maria was sitting, the glass plates over the wooden surfaces of the table held a tower of pancakes. After we finished our meals and preparations. We brought our bags, snacks and we were back to school.

We were driven by a black car. When we arrived we walked up to the second floor of the high school building.

I was pretty sad that Maria and I aren't classmates. But when I checked the class list. I was classmates with Miles again. 

I met up with Maria at the door of her classroom. Her friends were smiling at us.

"Keep an eye on Omar for me please lad," I whispered to her ear.

She nodded and turned back to the classroom.

Joshua came in, he patted my back, "Man, I don't know how you do it," he commented.

"Well, I had help," I replied.

Both of us went back to the classroom which was the closest to the boy's comfort room. This time we didn't have armchairs in the classroom instead we had a chair and a table with a lower layer below it.

My table was at the back of the room in column 6. I placed my bags under it. 

I went to wrap my arms around Miles. His hair was like a watered-down rags which were combed over in both sides.

"Ron, you are here!" He exclaimed.

He played with my now curly hair which was slick back with a touch of straightening on the ends.

Just as the bell rang, our teacher came in, he was wearing a leafy green teacher's uniform, his hair was brushed upward and backwards from the forehead.

"Hello 8C, I am Sir Ralph I am your adviser," He introduced himself with a bit of a deep tone in his voice, "And also your Math teacher."

The morning classes were the typical introductions to the school, the different staff, other school organisations and etc.

During recess I was at my table, reading the stories in my English book class, some students came and passed but I didn't really notice who they were, it was still hard to familiarize myself with their faces.

"Who placed and switched my chocolates here!" A girl's voice violently screamed at the top of her lungs. I looked to my side and saw a bronze-skinned girl in a blue jacket stood near my table, she had long black waterfall hair, her heart chin tensed as she gritted her teeth like a lion.

The room was silent, everyone looked at her, mixed with shock and confusion. 

I noticed some kids giggled at the corner.