Jeopardy

We drove through the empty night city. The concrete road were lit by the street lights. The aroma from our KFC bucket scented the car, easing our minds and subtly reminding us of the simple fond memory, probably the last happy memory we'll ever have...

I never got to admire Mally's driving skills, I don't know how many times she would sneak out and steal the car but she learned quite well.

I leaned towards the window. Enjoying the blurry lights as they passed by us. I could see the terror of the group being covered by their face of fake enthusiasm that overtook the joyful smiles from the chickens we ate earlier.

But I didn't hide mine, my face was weighed down, with the thought of our deaths coming soon.

My eyes got a little teary but I had to be strong, a battle is at hand and... Maria. I know I have been through battles but I usually had a superpowered group, now I only had humans, kids... they have lives ahead of them but... they chose this?

A small part of me just wanted to speed ran out of the car and not let any of them fight.

Mally noticed my face, she elbowed my stomach, "I'm fighting," she told me, her eyes slowly turned to the group, "We all are."

I let out a faint smile, I should stop being nostalgic and put on my war face.

As we continued to drive through the road, I noticed the old apartment building my guardian and I used to live. The lights from my old room were on, though it had a different tint to it, probably thanks to the new occupants.

I let the other members rest their eyes for a while, the road to school was still a far.

"Damn, this is gonna be hard," I commented, "We should probably think of a strategy or at least plan what are we going to do."

"Hypothetically... can I use a member as a human shield?" Mally asked.

My eyes spread open, "Ummmm...." I awkwardly stalled my words, "We kinda need all the help we can get so.... I don't know but you can use an enemies body for your... shield."

"Well there goes one of our plans ready," Mally remarked before chuckling, "So what your game plan on beating your... ex."

"Honestly... I still have no idea..." I calmly answered, "So most likely scenario...  I might die."

"What if we switch?" Mally suggested, "You take out the people that aren't your ex while the rest of us handle her," she made a quick glance at the back, "Annalie could still be a bit pissed off, so... a quick teleport to her, either I or my sister stab 'Maria' and we're done."

"That's a good plan," I commented, "But not as dramatic as I wanted... besides, I have a grudge to deal with her... even if it kills me"

We both had a silent pause.

"I understand... but hypothetically," Mally softly spoke up, "If you somehow lived and we managed to make it out alive ... what will you do?"

I slowly moved my right fingers to my left palm, around the same spot the electricity would come out, and I let out a deep breath, "Probably try to live?" I awkwardly answered, "Either buy another place, live a happy life, somehow..."

"If that's the case... I hope you'll be alright," Mally responded.

"Thanks..." I responded.

"But I hope you still hangout with us," Mally jokingly remarked, "And not turn to a hobo boy though... if you do, you won't be able to stop me from making fun of you."

I chuckled, "You know what, if we make it out alive, I'll buy a mansion for us to mess around," I remarked.

"How does your ex look like?" Mally asked.