Let the search begin

After the break, I prepared myself to school and was driven there. The class flew by quick then lunch came.

I was in the classroom, just a few minutes after cooking class. Ron's seat was still empty. I found Annalie by the window gazing at the large pile of rubble at the distance. I handed her a bowl of soup, "First stop is Cadiz so," I informed her, "What you think? no time to better than the present."

She slowly nodded, "I invited Mally," she told me and set her eyes at her friend, "Since....she's kind of a hunter and I'll convince my parents to take us there."

"We might be gone for the rest of the week," I calmly warned her.

"I don't care," she replied, her tone seemed determined, "It'll be worth it."

The rule follower Arvin barged in, he probably overhead our conversation, "Are you planning to skip schools?" he scolded us, "Cuz you know it's against the rule and I have to report you two to the office."

Annalie and I locked eyes, planning a lie to deal with this.

"We're not skipping class," I lied, "We were talking about the group project," then I looked up and pretended as if I remembered something, "That now if I remember correctly," I pointed at him, "You were a part of but you didn't know because you slept."

"Don't you remember?" Annalie backed me up, "We were supposed to do another presentation, this time about cities and we were given Cadiz."

Eventually, we got Arvin to get off our backs. As I faked to give an excuse to the office, I noticed that Armando was standing by the corner. I had a feeling he saw through our lie and I had no choice but to invite him.

Mally, Annalie and I talked things over. Later that dismissal, All five of us met up at gate three, Annalie led us to a black van and I even joked that I was kidnapped. 

It was a couple of hours of drive, "Okay Kids, have fun in Cadiz," The driver announced just as I was about to fall my tired head at Annalie's shoulder, "We'll be waiting here at the restaurant near the gas station."

We went out and saw the semi-urban city.

Smoke came out of every vehicle, vendors yelling out their food and people going through their business. I patted Arvin at the back, aimed my fingers at people a nearby store, "Go ask the locals any disturbance lately like electrical phenomenons," I commanded, "Or their daily life, etc."

He reluctantly agreed and brought his notebook with ball pen. I turned around and before Armando could muster any word, "Do what Arvin is doing, two heads are better than one," Annalie commanded him.

Armando followed as well, although he had a much smaller note pad to write on.

Now we got the two out of the way, we went to our real mission.

I was back obsessed with finding my friend.

Mally brought a pair of binoculars, handed it to me and I wandered into the streets. 

Annalie stayed by her friend's side.

While I took my magnifying glass and started looking into the tracks. Probably one of them was made by Ron.

After few hours of searching around, we all met up at Annalie's car. Arvin raised notebook and discussed his findings, "First of all, the Cadiz's main exports (similar to other cities) are handmade furniture," he said to us, "Especially those made of mahogany, wrought iron, pottery, palm and wicker. Most Cadiz people prefer shopping fruits and vegetables at public markets than those in malls," He then flipped his pages, "As for phenomenons, some tourist talked about a strange electrical field at that mountain over there," He pointed at the large tip being hidden by clouds.