Accomplices

Mally's PoV.

After a few weeks from saving Ron. I was in my room, laying on my bed, in my red pajamas with small green trees spread all across my clothes. I was chatting up in the GC with my friends. Ron sent a screenshot of a headcanon pick up lines of the characters from a series call Perry Jocksin or something, I don't know, the text was a bit pixelated. While Miles sent a picture of him and Ron with a caption: Still in school. I downloaded the picture to my phone.

It reminded me of when Ron would watch me from a distance while I waited for my transportation, sometimes I wouldn't mind it, at times I would pull him from his hiding, though during those times, I would get scared that my dad would think that he was boyfriend since he would see me with him when he would pick me up from school.

But the silver lining was that I remembered in some days, Annalie would send me pictures that Ron would accompany her (Or she dragged him like I did) while she waited for her ride home. I often wondered how many times he tripped whenever she would do that to him.

Yet, I don't know why he has been doing that lately. Probably it was his way to show his gratitude. 

Then Arvin sent a news article of an escaped serial killer at the GC along with a news report of an organization that attacked some wealthy people in the Libertad area.

Annalie kind of insulted Arvin. Probably because he might have discouraged the other boys from sending pics of Ron.

I chatted about how cute the two were and Annalie reacted with a winking emoji. Just then my war vet dad walked in. He was holding his phone, "Mally, it seems that your friends have been a bad influence on you," he told me.

"How would you know what we're even talking about!" I complained.

He raised his phone, "I have all our accounts in my phone," he explained (which pissed me off), "Also why do you have a lot of pictures of a boy?" My ear began to heat up and he continued, "Anyways I'm going to ground you so you could at least shake off those influences. Now be a good girl and do the chores because my girlfriend is coming."

And that girlfriend isn't my mom. Plus it was supposed to be my brother's time to do the chores. I was speechless. I mean looking back, he was never the best (then again, he never tried) to be a good dad. He was always out of touch. At this point, I snapped, packed my stuff and snuck out of the house. I didn't leave a not, I just needed to be away. 

I don't know why now... why of all the time he pissed me off, manipulated me, talked me down and so much more... but why suddenly I have the urge to leave now.

Maybe because I just had enough of him. 

Or maybe because now in the point of my life where I have friends who aren't connected to my dad like my old friends back in Nevada. All of my friends now are spoiled rich kids that probably looked down on people like my dad. 

As I made through the forest, I remembered my first time, when I was nine, just as I found out about my mom's death when were in California. I ran to my friend Angel. But when her father told mine. Dad dragged me all the way back home, beat and scolded me. 

I snapped out of memory land,  moved my hand across my stomach as it grumbles. 

I took a deep breath and ran further.

Ron's PoV

Ever since being saved by the discovery group. All I could think of was who could have been the spy? Everyone was a suspect, they might be sleeper agents or they go through great lengths to hide their disguise. The first on my list was Miles, I mean he searched for me twice. He could have easily left me behind and I haven't seen him for a long time since I left with Genna, so who knows what happened to him.