Lovely Tale

Thankfully, I fell to a small lake that softened my fall. I regained my consciousness, cleaned my eyes, and took in the fact that I lost.

I wish there was an engkanto that would help me or Ron might show up... but nothing. 

Just Annalie's screams finding its way to my ear.

From afar, I could see lights from the resort but I knew I should still have to save Annalie.

I kneeled to the floor and broke to tears, began to panic, looked at my reflection but the ripples made me look like me if I hadn't had plastic surgery.

I slapped my reflection and my own voice in my head told me that things would be alright.

How is anything okay!

I had just been attacked by monsters, the girl I have a crush on is kidnapped by one of them.

I always felt like I was the damsel in distress that his friends have to go to save, I was powerless, weak and I really need help.

Then it crossed my mind, Ron, he was pretty good at saving this, maybe if I find him, things would get better.

I could barely regain my strength as I stood up, "I'm on my own," I told myself. 

I think it was just the head being a bit dizzy but I thought I saw a bright yellow figure of sorts.

I picked up the old rod that somehow magically turned into a much less rusted rod (Maybe it was just dusty), I walked out to find Annalie. The moonlit up my way, I spent several hours looking through the dark forest, (I doubt Ron ever went to a forest that was dark, yet he could still save my butt.)

I eventually spotted them (Plus Annalie's shouting of death threats helped).

I climbed over a tree to get a better view, I saw that she was tied to a pole above a pile of rocks with some parts of her clothes being bitten out.

I had to plan quickly.

The Tikbalang had its tongue out and was circling Annalie.

Even from the distance, I could see the horror on my classmate's face.

I waited for the Tikbalang to fall asleep at the bottom of the pile then I went to save Annalie.

I snuck behind her and gestured her to be quiet, "Missed me?" I whispered.

"No, I thought you were dead," she replied. Her face looked unimpressed from a girl that had just been kidnapped by a monster.

I was a bit bummed out that she didn't care but hopefully, she'll come around.

I walked up the pile and began to untie her.

"Miles look out!" she screamed.

I looked back and saw that the Tikbalang was standing behind me, it grabbed me on the shoulder and threw me down the pile.

I rolled down the rubble and bruised my face.

The Tikbalang descended down from the pile of rubble, I reached for my rod and swung it to its face.

I took a self-defence class after Andie died so that I wouldn't have to be saved, now it was time to put those lessons to the test.

"Hey, Tristian! Untie me and I'll fight you, not the pretty face!" Annalie commanded.

But the creature ignored her and it kicked me between the legs.

I grabbed it by the wrist, flipped it over my shoulder, and slammed it to the ground. But from the pain of being hit on the crotch, I fell to the floor.