Maria's Jinx

The sun had hung at the azure sky that was filled with clouds.

I was just fresh off Maria's encounter. Among other things, but the one I cared about the most as what she said last. She said the person who told me, he was the one who killed my guardian. If he truly the same man who Genna and I fought, the same man who is currently sleeping on my couch... 

I knew it was tempting but maybe this was part of Maria's plan where She's just making me kill a teacher who could train me. But if she was saying is true then...I have no choice, perhaps I could even extract some info from him.

I walked out of my room, expecting a trap of sorts. But I only registered a calm morning, the sunrise lit the room with an sky-blue tones. A cold breeze swept the room. 

And I saw him cooking pancakes which I found really scary, I don't know if mine had beak on it. Anyways, all I could think of if what Maria said was true. I remembered she named him Master Frollo of the Red Phoenix. So I walked toward the table, sat down and looked up to him.

"Master Frollo," I called.

"Yes?" He responded, followed by the face that I would make when I was called my former name. 

That was more than enough for me.

He gathered his words to say, "I mea-"

A strong feeling filled every last inch inside of me, I glared at his eyes and without questioning a single thought, grabbed him, dashed out of my suite, went to one of the secret passages to the bunker under the building. 

I stood in front of a dark tunnel, the man only let out a moan before I ran again. As every step moved me deeper and deeper into a darker road, I could feel my Nyctophobia creeping up, but as I closed my eyes, let my anger get to me, the winds began to be a lot more resistant to my run. 

I opened my eyes, a few orange sparks came in and out of me, leaving somewhat of a light source as I made my way through the bunker. 

And I thrust him into one of the prison's chambers. 

He was behind the glass. So many thoughts ran through my head. 

I could only choose to ask him because my curiosity got the best of me.

"How did you really know about our powers, you said you're a guardian. Unless you're actually a Scisces-Libquarius," I asked him.

"Like I said, I studied books about my powers to become the wizard you fought," He explained to me.

I called the Old man who founded the Sales Lines since he gave me his phone number. And because I needed confirmation about Finneas.

I met up with the Old man by the entrance. He wore a brown trench coat, brown pants and was supported by a metal cane. I lead him to the prison chambers.

"Oh Hi Finneas, what brings you here?" He greeted our prisoner in his raspy voice.

"The Red Phoenix are dead," Finneas replied.

The Old man simply nodded. And left the area. I didn't want to see Finneas so I followed the old man to the exit of the bunker. 

He noticed me, "How did you trust Finneas?" the old man asked.

"Well he offered to teach me so I reluctantly agreed," I explained to him. 

"If you had just came to to me," he turned his head towards the opened bunker doors, "We wouldn't be in this situation if you did," He patted my back, "You know what, I have time, I might as well train you."