Eleanor

Probably it was all just a dream but it would have explained everything.

A painful feeling crept spread from my chest, made me feel my heart beating, it consumed... me.

Instead of keeping an eye on my batch, I went down the grandstand, called my car and went back to my suite.  

I head straight to my closet, pulled out the blue and orange zig-zag patterned rug.  Placed it to the side. As I cleared it, I moved my fingers across the wooden tiles to find the hidden compartment. As I coursed through, I felt the fake tile, slid it to the side and found my box. It contained all the gathered letters by Genna.

For the first time, I started deepening myself into my studies. I was about a feet thick, some mostly weren't as crumbled as the others. I held one on top of it all in my hand... the first one... I took a deep breath, I still remember how I got it.... out of nowhere after I have done my photoshoot. As reread the lines she wrote, a part of me felt guilty... what if I had rejoined in her adventures, Maria was kind of right about something, school... doesn't really affect me I was just there... what if I joined her... none of this might be happening right now, things might be... different.  Hopefully even after she's gone, she could still help me.

In one of her letters, she discussed that "Ligs" are the term to anyone who are non Selrius but works alongside them, ranging from humans, although Genna speculated that Selrius often look down on Ligs. But my studies led me to an even better discovery. In one of the last letters Genna sent, she talked about a navigator that could take me anywhere in the world. And she even has a sketch. It looked like a diamond-shaped necklace centrepiece. 

With the possibility of Maria's threat might be true, I might need all the help I could get.

So I went to Jake's penthouse. I knocked at his door, I waited for about the minute, the sound of rumble came behind the door, the sound of locks being moved and finally it opened.

I registered the appearance of Jake. He was wearing a yellow Australian themed shirt and brown baggy shirts. I asked him to help me with my studies. We went to his living room which had full glass walls that gave me a much clearer view of the city. I brought the entire box to the living room floor and we began our studies. 

3 hours deep into the studies and we found something interesting, turns out while reading another letter, Genna revealed that Scisces guardians were given navigators. 

I had the idea of borrowing one from any of the Sales lines (If any of them still had it) "Maybe those navigators worked only for their specific Scisces child," Jake suggested.

I was about to ask him of his navigator but I remembered that he was just like Omar, a human who was blessed by the rocks.

But after a while, I found a picture of me and my dog from California when I was around eight or seven. I looked closer and took it out of the frame. The dog tag that dangled at his collar looked very similar to the navigator sketch. I looked at Jake, and even though it was a long shot I must take the risk. I told him what I was going to do. We walked out the penthouse, I first hid my box back and after, we went to the now completed bunker to use the plane that was parked there. We took off and head straight to California.

While going there, I was still mad at myself that I couldn't remember that one direction concert I attended.

Anyways when I got there, Jake parked the jet by an open-field. I struggled to walk down the stairs because of my cane. I limped to my old jungle house that now had new occupants. Just when I thought it was a dead-end, I heard a familiar bark. From the distance, I recognize the small figure. It's blonde fur flowing in the air, his tongue dangling by the sides. The last time I saw it, I just named it Frank, playing with it, going to sleep and then the next thing I knew I was on a plane.

As it got closer and closer, I wrapped my arms around my old Labrador. "It's good to see you again Frank," I joyfully whispered to him, tears roll down my eyes as the memories began to flood in.

Even though I was afraid of dogs, I was only scared because Frank wouldn't be there to protect me from bad ones. But either way, I was glad to see my old friend again.

He repeatedly licked my face, I even called it to stop and it followed. I gently rubbed his head and his tail wiggled against the ground sideways. I checked his worn-out blue-collar but he didn't have the navigator dangling.

I knew it was dumb, but I asked him where the navigator was. I barked, I howled and even squished my adam's apple to signify that I was talking about the navigator. 

He barked and we walked together across the field. I was even tempted to run in four legs but limping in two was already hard enough. We stopped near a tree and Frank dug out the Navigator. He took it out and I took it from his wet mouth.

"Good job," I said to my dog as I rubbed his head and gently pressed my lips against its head covered in golden fur.

Just then I sensed something hovering around me, the winds began to pull in a similar direction with a strong force coursing against mine. I turned around and I saw one of the Red Phoenix. The one who could fly. He must have scared Frank because my dog ran away. And I couldn't blame it, plus I hope he'd be safe. I hid the navigator in my pocket.

"So you're here to induct me into the Red Phoenix?" I asked the levitating man.

"Well you did have a nice audition when you stopped by two years ago," he told me.

I didn't want to use my powers, a part of me was still haunted and I'm not sure if I am strong enough to even... use it. I unsheathed my guardian's dagger.

We ended up fighting there, I turned to Jake, "Jake!  leave without me!" 

"But... Ron-" he pleaded

"-Just bloody leave!" I interrupted.

The levitating man set his eyes on Jake, I threw my scabbard at the man, he turned around, "Really?" he remarked.  

"Leave him! he's useless!" I demanded.

And I managed to keep Levitating man occupied long enough for Jake to fly away into safety.

I readied my position but he had the advantage. It was hard enough fighting with an injured leg but that didn't stop me from attacking.

He swooped up and down, striking me to the ground, every fall felt more painful than the last. I couldn't keep up, he lifted me from the grassy floor and dropped down. The dagger slipped from my hands as I fell, I was about to crawl my way to it but Levitating man pulled me by the legs and swung me to the trees. 

I was then taken to their base far in the desert.

They stripped me off my clothes and put me on a white full body suit. I was thrown into a cell that looked similarly to a room for insane people. I fell asleep and Maria visited me again.

"How are you doing this?" I asked her.

"I inherited some of my mom's blessing to have powers and... I got telepathy," she gleefully said to me, "Although I could only read people's mind in a twenty meter radius. But thanks to the connection I made for the two of us, I could visit you in your sleep".

"What connection?" I barked.

She had a smirk up her face, "Remember las t summer? When we touched foreheads, I made a telepathic that made you easier to reach even in far distances," she explained, she tapped her head and played with her nails, "Although when you were at that cave, I couldn't seem to enter you. maybe it formed a protection of sorts or maybe your mind was just too scrambled to take control of, it took you to act on your feelings for your Maria," She air quoted the feelings part, "So I could restore the link, now I could visit you anytime I want."

At that point, I completely lost it...

"So what now?" I asked my girlfriend, "Are you just here to send an army to kill me?"

She chuckled "No, I'm still preparing that and for now I'll just watch you," she maniacally said to me, " And it wouldn't be hard since my closest lieutenants would report to me everything you'll do, and the best part is that YOU surrounded yourself with them." She let out a maniacal laugh, the room began to darken even further.

Maria disappeared and I woke up alone in my cell.