15. Car chase.

(Turn on the media for an immersive reading experience.)

Hyein waited patiently outside the Psychiatrist's room.

It was the first appointment of Taehyung and Hyein had diligently dragged him out of his bed early in the morning to take him to the therapy. They had suggested exposure therapy for Taehyung but his fear of lavenders was so immense that they decided to take it slow. As she waited outside the consultation room, she scrolled through her phone mindlessly, looking for her daily dose of sunshine in the chat. Hoseok was getting busy lately with his job and she couldn't chat as often as he did with her. Nevertheless, he never failed to leave her little greetings filled with hearts and smiley faces. They always brought a smile to her face. She especially needed one of those these days.

She was still angry at Taehyung for blindly trusting his Childhood friend. She especially didn't like the way he sounded so confident when he was talking about her or the way he defended her. The investigation on Eunhye was still going on and she was yet to come up with something against her. It seemed as if Taehyung and Jimin were right, but Hyein would rather go jump out the window than admit that he was right. Just you wait, Taehyung. I will surely dig up something on her.

The door to the counselor's room opened and Taehyung stepped outside. It seemed as if he had already forgotten about their little disagreement yesterday, but Hyein wasn't about to let him forget about it that easily.

"Are you done?" She asked.

Taehyung shook his head affirmingly, a little surprised at her for being so snappy in the morning. She patiently led him out of the building and towards their car. Not a word was spoken, her poker face remained constant. Taehyung watched her curiously as she pulled open the door for him and he took a seat inside. Usually, he would complain about the fact that it was he who should open the door for her but that day he was just too surprised. Hyein got inside the driver's seat of the car and turned on the ignition. Taehyung's expectant wide-eyed stare bore into her side, but she pretended not to see it. He even tried his adorable pouty look but nothing made her budge as she stepped on the accelerator and the grand SUV took them out of the therapy clinic.

"Hyein."

Silence.

Hyein kept her eyes on the road, as she drove.

"Hye."

. . .

"Are you still mad?"

Hyein drove the car without a word back to acknowledge his presence, her eyes darting back forth between the road and the rearview mirror.

"Okay, I get it. You are mad, but Hyein I know what I said and I know it's true."

Hyein glanced towards her side-view mirrors, her eyebrows furrowing and she stepped down on the accelerator speeding through the lane. Taehyung took that as her expression of annoyance.

"Look, Hyein. Just listen to me."

Hyein's eyes were now fixed on the rearview mirror, her lips pointing downwards in a frown, she gripped the steering wheel tighter.

"Are you going to give me the silent treatmen-"

Before Taehyung could finish she swerved the car, quickly into the adjacent line. The swerve was too quick for a car going 60 miles per hour and the mere force of inertia threw him sideways. It was then that Taehyung realized that she was not avoiding him.

She was trying to avoid something else. On the road.

His eyes darted towards the rearview mirror. There he could see a black SUV tailing them from a distance. They were far enough to not appear suspicious but they were copying every single one of her movements. Almost as if they were trying not to lose them.

"Are they following us?"

"Now that's a relevant question," Hyein commented, finally breaking the silence. 

Taehyung watched anxiously as the needle on the speedometer gradually rose. It wasn't that he didn't trust her driving, okay screw that, he was mildly scared of her driving. She was going 20 units above the normal speed limit of the road and he was pretty sure she had almost missed two signal lights. Taehyung thanked the gods, for the road had relatively less traffic that day.

Hyein drove straight and when she found an exit off the highway, she quickly turned the steering wheel to the right entering the ramp at top speed, throwing Taehyung to the side. The car skidded and the tires left a trail of a darker black on the road. The car zoomed out of the ramp. But their pursuers hadn't anticipated the sudden movement and failed to make the turn.

She cheered from her seat as she slowed the car to the normal speed, joining the flow of traffic on the new road. They had finally lost their tail.

Taehyung slowly released his death grip on the handle as he calmed his racing heart and looked towards his Secretary. She was smiling.

"And to answer your question, Yes, they were indeed following us."

She looked towards the side with an evil smile, her eyes met Taehyung's as he sat there stunned, his lips parted.

"Tae-Tae, someone's after us."

A/n: Double update! This was one of my favorite chapters to write