7. Ma?

(Turn on the media for an immersive reading experience.)

Shouts and cries resonated from the room upstairs.

Taehyung retreated further back into his room covering his ears. He didn't want to hear it. Mom and Dad were fighting again. They often did. He didn't like it.

He wanted them back. The sweet loving parents he had. The one who sat with him in the afternoons and inquired about his days. They were long gone now.

A woman stomped down the stairs, dragging a large suitcase with her, muttering under her breath and she made her way towards the door.

"Ma?" She stopped in her tracks.

"Tae-Tae? You were here?" She asked mustering up a soft kind smile.

"Ma? Are you going somewhere?" He asked as slowly walked out of his room towards his mother. His mother smiled as she crouched down towards him and ruffled his hair.

She slowly nodded, her expression pained as she gazed down at him. "Ma has to go somewhere."

"Can I come with you?"

She sadly shook her head. "I can't take you with me now, Tae-Tae. But I'll come back for you."

"Promise?" Taehyung asked as he held out a pinky and his mother hooked hers with his.

"I promise." She softly whispered. Her eyes glistened with unshed tears. "Will you wait for me, Tae-Tae?"

A smile blossomed on his young face as he nodded his head. "I will."

"Ah, last time you wanted to see lavender, didn't you? When I come back I will bring them to you." His mother said enthusiastically and Taehyung's eyes widened in excitement.

Slowly, his mother stood up and gazed down at him. She tried her best to keep her smile intact as she waved her hands.

"Ma has to go now. I will come back later, Tae-Tae. Bye-bye!"

She never came back.

All that arrived was her cold, pale lifeless form in a casket.

Even in her death, she clutched the Lavenders she had plucked for him in her hands.

Taehyung's eyes shot open and he gasped for air.

"Haaah!"

It was that dream again. That memory.

His mother. 

A/n: How Taehyung got his phobia of lavenders

A/n: How Taehyung got his phobia of lavenders. Were you expecting that?