chapter nine

-Third Person POV-

      "We're getting some new players. Adam Banks and-", Bombay was cut of by the whole team.
Rounds of complaints are heard from around the locker room. "He's a hawk.", Karp spats. "He is a good player.", Bombay says only for Karp to respond with a "Yuck.". "Everybody hates him.", Jesse complains. "We don't need him.", Connie insists. "I'm the coach and I say we do need them.". "They?", Charlie questions, "I though it was only Adam?". "The other is Jane Fox.". Guy and Charlie's eyes light up, while Connie squeals. "Why are you so excited?", Jesse hisses. "Janie is my best friend! Who wouldn't be excited!, Connie exclaims while the boys nod in agreement, "When does she start? Please tell me she gets to play with us today!". "Cake-eater lover.", Jesse mumbles making Terry elbow him in the ribs while Guy glares at him. Jane and Adam will only be able to play if we win." "If? All of a sudden you don't think we're good enough?", Karp observes. Instead of Bombay responding, Peter cuts in, "No, he thinks we're losers. That's what he told Reilly." Gordon looks confused and responded with a 'what'. "We heard what you said.", Peter scoffs , "You said we were losers! We didn't deserve to live.". "That's not what I meant." "I saw that photo of you missing that goal.", Jesse smirks as Peter continues, "You were a hawk. Weren't you? Guess you guys stick together till the end. You know what? I don't need your stinkin equipment. See you around.". Peter leaves and soon the team follows despite the coach's pleads for them to stay.

-Connie Moreau's POV-

     Right when I get home, I call Janie. On the third ring she picks up the phone. "Hello?", Janies groggy voice asks. "Hey Jane! It's me Connie! I have some news for you! First of all, how could you not tell me about you becoming a duck?". Jane chuckles, "My dad told me not too. Plus it was supposed to be a surprise. Did you like it?"  "I'm so excited! Guy and Charlie were excited too! I swear I even saw Terry smile. Goldberg and Averman were happy too! The team was pretty mad about Adam coming, but were happy you were coming.", I take a deep breath, "Anyways Peter and the hall brothers heard Bombay talking to Reilly. Apparently saying all of sort of mean things like, we are a bunch of losers. So first Peter stormed out, than the Halls followed him. Basically our whole team left the locker room except for Charlie. He went up to play, and I have a feeling, Peter won't let him hear the end of it. Personally I'm mad at coach for talking behind our backs. Oh and Bombay was a hawk!". Jane's gasps, "Geez. So I might not be playing for you guys. I wonder if you'll have another game?".

-Jane Fox's POV-

      Let's just say school has been weird. Alex was still kind of talking to me, not as much as he used too. The whole team were awkward around me and Adam. I was grateful to finally have time to sit with Gigi, Nick and Kaleb. Adam sits with us too, not wanting to deal with the hawks. Kaleb was grateful to have his old friend back and so was Gigi. Nick got along great with Adam. So, it's nice to know we still belong at this school. McGill has been giving us a hard time about having to become ducks. I got so sick of it, I punched him in the stomach. Right when he began to swing at me, our principal came out. He is suspended for 1 week at home and 2 weeks of in school detention.

      Today is November 27th, my eleventh birthday. It's has been four days since the whole hockey situation, meaning it's Monday. Worst day of the week to have a birthday. Plus dad isn't even home, he had to leave early this morning for some work trip. For school, I decided on wearing these light wash jean looking cargo pants with a grey  v neck plaid sweater with a white shirt underneath. My mom is taking me out for breakfast letting me skip the morning part of school. I run down the stairs.      "Happy birthday Janie!", my mom yells, "My babygirl is eleven years old."

       Mom took me to this nice little bakery in Edina, only a couple miles from our house. "Do you know what time dad is coming back? I hope it's not too late, I have a hockey game tomorrow. Well, only if the team forgives coach Bombay.", I ask cutting up my waffles. "He should be here around 5. I was thinking you could invite your duck friends to the studio after school. I have to teach an hour class at the Minneapolis studio today and I have to bring you.". "Sure! Adam is coming over around 4:30, will we be back by then?". She nods.