Chapter 15

It was 3:35 pm yet and Rustam suddenly remembered about the investigators. He had to tell them about his brother's inteference to the story by starting a sort of relationship with Gulyana two years ago. Not telling anything to them would make him additional problems in the future when they found out about eventually. So, he decided to go to the police station. Je reached there in 15 minutes. Gulamov was not there as he was called to monthly assemble by the headquarter authority. Bandarenko was just going home as it was already 16:00 pm. They confronted each-other at the corridor when Rustam was asking about them from the duty officers. "We need to talk. There are things that you have to know" Rustam said as Bandarenko approached him. " Let's get inside my room" Bandarenko responded pointing his hand towards his cabinet. " I have come across with a few new things that could help your investigation. At least you have to know it" Rustam exclaimed. "Still scrolling around, interfering to the inbeatigation process?" Bandarenko told him furrowned. "I don't have a right to hide out anything from the inveatigation process" Rustam said smirking. " Split the beans. What's it?" Bandarenko asked. " I have found Gulyana's friend, Sveta. Went to her workplace and talked to her. She did not know about the tragedy that happened to Gulyana and her family. She said they had not been in touch for the last 6 months before her death" Rustam said and waited for Bandarenko's reaction. " Yeah, Sveta and her father Sabir was here yesterday. We found them too. She told me about your visit" Bandarenko said wearily. Rustam felt releived as he heard this. He thought that, Sveta probably told them what she had told him. So, it was good for him to come here and told them about everything before they looked for him . " She told me about Gulyana's friend two years ago. She told me his name and said she knew him by face. I found that guy" Rustam told him frowning. Bandarenko suddenly ooened his eyes widely and straightened his stance as he heard the last sentence. " Thst guy is my brother little, Rashid" Rustam added. Bandarenko stood up hearing this. It was unknown whether he was surprised by the coincidence or by Rustam's courage to come to the police station and tell them everything volunturily. "He studies at the Baku State University. He was a fresh man when they got acquinted on the internet. But, they did not have relationship. I mean , intimacy. They were just friends. Just sitted down in some cafes and talked about everything. She did not respond him after six months and they kind of broke up. I think Gulyana just tried to make the people around her jealous by meeting Rashid on regular basis. She just got divorced at that time and was seeking to sgow herself happier that she actually felt" Rashid stopped saying this and waited for Bandarenko's reaction again. "Bandarenko Viktor was continuing to get shocked by the news sequances regarding to the case. He sat down, tried to hide his surprise as an officer who is used to these kinds of surprises that emerged during the investigation. But, Rustam immediately noticed his astonishment. " Yeah, Sveta told me about the guy named Rashid. But, i did not know that was your brother. You have to know that , this is the second thing that connects you with the tragedy that happened to the Fatullayevs. You are becoming more suspicious for the investigation" Bandarenko said as if threatining Rustam. " This is a sheer coincidence that Rashid knew her too. I was astonished myself too. Anyway, as an innocent guy i felt obligated to come here and to tell you this" Rustam exclaimed. "You could arrange sperm inspection. You said she had a sex before her death" Rustam added. " There was no sperm on her body. She was clean" Bandarenko screamed trying to look tougher. " How you could know that she had had a sex then?" Rustam asked in admiration. " It's a criminal inspection. They can appoint it by the shape of her vagina" Bandarenko said. Rustam did not utter a word. This time he got surprised himself hearing this. " Ok , i have to go" Rustam stood up. " Don't go anywhere far away. Stick around. We will probably call your brother and you hete again" Bandarenko said..

Gulamov came right after Rustam left the police station. "The pressured me as strong as they could. They are right actually. It's been a week since the murder happened and we have no suspect yet. Bandarenko told Gulamov about interrogation with Sabir and Sveta and about Rashid. As soon as Gulamov heard about Rashid's connection to Gulyana, he became madder. "These brothers are making fool of us. One fucked mother, another one her daughter. We have enough in our hands to arrest them as suspects. Taking into police custody doesn't mean you are guilty. Their guilt has to be proven still. Take a few sergeants with you and go arrest them" Gulamov shouted. Bandarenko saw the strictbess in his voice. He had no choice except executing the order. Bandarenko came to Rustam's adress with two sergeants around himself. They knocked the door and Sharaf opened the door.
"Are your sons at home?"
"Yes, what's wrong?"
"Let us get inside. Your sons are suspects of murder". Sharaf was terrified. Rustam recognised Bandarenko's voice. He first got paniced, then promised himself not to loose control over himself. Rashid was listening to the music in another room with headphones on. He suddenly saw a few men in police uniform and understood everything. Abdulgadir was in that room too. Bandarenko told him the same thing about murder suspect. Rashid stood numb and sait nothing. "What are you talking about? Murder of who?" Abdulgadir exclaimed with humble voice. He was terrified. After the bancruptcy he always had a feeling inside that something worse would happen. He was deeply terrified. "Your sons are being accused of murdering a girl and her father and physically assaulting mer mother. The girl and her father are dead. The girl's mother is still alive, but in coma. Abdulgadir and Sharaf were getting terrified more and more hearing this. "Your son Rustam had already acknowledged us about his sexual relationship with Sara-the girl's mother. And your another son Rashid is known to have links with Sara's daughter Gulyana. We have enough evidences to arrest them as the suspects" Bandarenko said hinting the sergeants to handcuff them both. "I have not killed anyone. I'm innocent. I swear to God i'm innocent. I have nothing to do with that tragedy" Rashid  cried loudly. Rustam kept his silence. He just observed his parents. He felt sorry for them. Upsetting them again was the last thing he wanted to do. The sergeants one took Rustam's hands, another one put handcuffs on them. Them they did the same thing with Rashid. "We are both innocent. The truth will come out soon or later" Rustam said looking at his parents. "It's you! It's been always you since your childhood!!! You have dragged Rashid also to your troubles. You are just big trouble for us" Sharaf shouted at Rustam. Rustam felt extremely bad hearing these words. He knew he should not had done some things, bit he was not responsible for the murder.