Chapter 19

Bandarenko was back in the police station. "Sara acknowledged that Eldar Hamidov was the one who attacked them. We have solved the case. The killer is Eldar Hamidov. But, we still have no clue about Gulyana's killer" Bandarenko said entering Gulamov's cabinet. Gulamov peered out from the window, thinking about something. "Nothing was taken from the both flats. Why that Eldar Hamidov had attacked them if it's not for money?! He had worked for Mikael at the construction site. May be , Mikael was rude to him and he holded grudge towards him? Just killed him for that" Gulamov said. "Lot of theories. Everything is possible. May be , he was just hired by someone to kill Mikael. Then they killed him intentionly and made up that scene of overdose? They might have made him to swallow the pills together. They might knew he was a drug addict and took advantage of his position" Bandarenko exclaimed. Gulamov looked at him in bewilderment. "You are right. A lots of theories can pop up out of nowhere. They have checked the blood stains on the crowbar. It matched with Sara's and Mikael's blood samples. The hand traces in the flat are also belong to Eldar Hamidov. Our killer is Eldar Hamidov. We have a dead killer who happens to be a drug addict who recently has died from overdose of psycho pills cocktail" Gulamov said almost shouting. "This one is closed. But, as you said, i have no fucking clue who might kill Gulyana. Do you think it connected to her parents' attack?" He asked Bandarenko. "I think it's somehow connected. She knew her killer. She let him in, she had an abortion three months prior to her death. Both murders happened just in one week with two days difference. They are somehow connected. But, Eldar Hamidov is not a killer. There is no way that, he could have slept with Gulyana. There is no way that Gulyana might had paid attention to Eldar. So, she was killed by someone else" Bandarenko said staring at Gulamov. The latter looked at him in admiration. "You always had skills in conducting the investigation , but you had no practise. Your brain showed it's potential right away this happened. A few more cases like this and you are hell of investigator in this country" Gulamov said smirking. Bandarenko was glad that he could finally impress Gulamov. "Have you inquired Mikael's boss Siraj Valiyev?" Bandarenko asked out of the blue. "I'll go to him today" Gulamov said taking his jacket.

                                 ***
Gulamov reached to the building of Ministry of Internal Affairs. He just knocked on Siraj's door without asking anyone. The receptionist girl was not at her place. There was no voice coming inside. He thrusted the door inside. It was open. Siraj was sitting on his swiveling chair and going through some documents. He was deadly surprised when he saw Gulamov. "Can we talk a little bit?" Gulamov asked. "Yes, sure, come in" Siraj said getting up. He showed Gulamov a chair to sit down. "There are some accelerations in Mikael's murder investigation" Gulamov said flicking out a photo from his pocket. "Do you know this person?" He asled Siraj holding the photo straight to his face. Siraj squinted looking at photo. "Yes, i know him. Can't remember his name. He used to work for us in construction business. I think he was like a foreman or what. Mikael used to know them by names very well. He was in charge of them" Siraj answered. "How many years he had worked for you?" Gulamov asked. "I think he worked more than once for us. One project can last about 4 months. I think he was at least in two projects. We had built a police station in Barda city. That had to be the main police station of the city. Therefore, it lasted a little bit longer. I remember him from there. We had went there during construction process. I saw him welcoming us in there. He probably had been working for us for more than two years" Siraj said without waiting for the next questions. "What happened then? Why he had stopped to work for you?" Gulamov asked. "I don't know. I'm sure Mikael had his reasons. He was quite strict and exacting person. I think he had a plausible reason in order to stop recruiting him" Siraj said. "It was him who attacked and killed Mikael and physically assaulted his wife. We found him dead yesterday at his rented flat. Looks like he was a drug addict. The injection traces were all over his arms. He had died from overdosing of some psycho,painkiller pills. He wanted to use them together as substitute for Heroin" Gulamov said. "Unbeleiveble!!! He looked like a nice guy. Mikael trusted him" Siraj said. "Do you think he had holded grudge against Mikael?" Gulamov asked his last question. " i don't know. May be. Mikael sometimes could be really rude" Siraj answered. "Ok. Thank you very much again for your support" Gulamov said standing up from his chair.