Chapter 9

Rustam tried not to panic when the police officer asked him to go to the station for interrogation. " When you want me to come?" By saying so, he hinted officer that he already knows about the incident. He asked "When you want me to come" instead of "What interrogation?". " Today" Officer Bandarenko said already noticing that Rustam was not surprised at all. That made him to think that he already knew about the incident. " Tonight i'll be working at night shift. I was in night shift also yesterday at night. I need to rest. I can come tomorrow morning" he said without break and stammering . "Tomorrow is the next step of the investigation. We want to interrogate you today as we have planned already". Rustam felt the first pressure and decided to answer the same way. "The problem is,i'll come with my lawyer and he is on business trip. He will return tonight. I won't come without my lawyer". Rustam said very strictly. " Ok, tomorrow is the last day. You have to come either with your lawyer or alone. Will wait for you tomorrow at 11" Bandarenko said and hanged up. Rustam saw the first progress of coolness. He wrote Rashad about it. "Stick to the plan and call the lawyer that i have told you" Rashad wrote him back. Rustam called the lawyer by name Tahir and introduced himself. Tahir already knew everything. " I'll meet you in front of the 45th police station tomorrow at 10:30 am" he said as Rustam told him about the police call. "All right" Rustam responded and hanged up. It was 13:30 pm and he felt exhausted still. He decided to sleep a little while additionally.

Inspector Mastanov was checking Mikael Fatullayev's body. He had a few bruises on the face and black dots that clotted blood was under it as the result of crowbar strikes on the head. No "meat part" as Gulamov said were under his nails. That explained that he could not even touch at least killer's face or hands with his hands. He already had a report for Sara Fatullayeva. He was noting down as he was checking Mikael's body. Final report to send to Gulamov was already ready.

Rustam woke up at 16:15 pm and began to prepare for the night shift. He did not feel much to eat. The midnight lunch was provided at the hotel, so he decided to have it in there instead home. It was 17:00 pm and he already decided to leave the flat for work. He used to exit the flat at 18:00 pm, but this time he did it earlier for an hour. He was not stable again. He wanted to move. His mind could not let him to stay in one point. His self-esteem was again lower that it used to be in the morning. He thought about Sara, felt sorry for her. Felt himself responsible for her murder. Only her husband could have killed her for cheating and he was dead himself. He began to force his brain in order to find out who might have done that except her husband, but could not find any version. Rashid entered to the flat as Rustam was going to get out. Suddenly he remembered about his father's arrival. Rashid was not at home yesterday night, but he would never have missed a chance to be at home when their father will come. "Already going?" Rashid asked. Yeah, it's the last night. Then i'll be at home for 2 days. Rustam got out as Rashid got inside.

As he got inside the second bus on his way to work, Ramila was there too. She smiled when saw Rustam. She always used to sit in the back seats of the bus and listened to the music with the headphones. She took off her headphones as Rustam sat down besides her. He did not even remember their last cinversation in the bus. He did not rememeber that he asked her out and she said she would tell herself when she would be available. He just said "Hello" and sat down besides her silently. " Again gloomy" she asked. " Rustam had a slight smile on his face. "Just not used to work at nights. Are you also work at night already?" He asked. " tonight they have honorable foreign guests" she answered. Rustam had no feelings at all. Last time he was sexually erected when he was talking to her, but this time the fire was extinguished inside him. Stormy brain did not accept the challenge of the erectical feelings. Ramila saw that he is not up for the conversation. She put her headphones back and began to listen to the music. As they reached the hotel, he could not find Rashad in there. The coworkers said he went home a couple of minutes earlier. Rustam had come earlier to talk to him and he was gone anyway.