Chapter 11

Bandarenko could not proceed further information from the guards of the building. He decided to try his chances with the neighbours.Three days ago the neighbour under the Fatullayevs, at the ninth floor did not answer him when he knocked on the door. He tried this time a few times and he turned over and decided to leave the building as no one opened the door. Suddenly he heard the giss of the door. He turned back and an old woman,approximately at the age of 70-75 opened the door. Bandarenko introduced himself and asked her name. "Gafura Haydarova" she responded. " Do you live alone, miss Haydarova?" Bandarenko asked. " My son and daughter-in-law and grandson are at work. I'm alone currently" the woman answered.
" How long you have been living in here?"
"It's been already four years"
They are almost the first residents in here he thought to himself.
"Have you heard about the incidents at the tenth and eleventh floor?" The woman furrowned as she heard this.
"Yes, i have heard and we are all terrified after that"
"Did you know the victims personally?" Bandarenko did not mention that Sara was still alive. Nobody knew it in the building.
"We did not have personal relations. The woman was russian. We just have exchanged the words "hello, good morning...." a few times"
"Have you seen or heard anything suspicious from them? What kind of family that was?" Bandarenko saw the woman hesitating as he asked the last question.
"Don't worry! Anything you say , will be kept totally secret" Bandarenko stated as he wanted the woman to get rid of her hesitation.
"I saw nothing suspicious. But, always heard the noises from there. They were always having quarrels" she responded.
Bandarenko thanked the woman for help. He climbed a few floors upstairs to the 12th floor. He knocked exatly on the door that was above Gulyana's flat at the 11th floor. But, nobody opened the door. The other three flats were still unrepaired and nobody lived in there. He had nothing else to do in there and decided to go back to the police station.

"Yes i knew her" Rustam answered Ramila in admiration staring at the photo. Ramila was very careful person and she immediately noticed Rustam's word "knew".
"What you mean you knew her? What's wrong with her"
"She was killed three days ago at her flat. The killer is still unknown" Rustam said directly. She opened her mouth in admiration and closed it with her hands. "How do you know her" she asked fiercly. She had an expression in her face as if somebody had swindled her up. Rustam knew that she would like to hear the truth if she was straight and openminded in charakter. " It's a long story. Don't know how to begin" Rustam staggered first time in his last 5 years of his life at least. "Did you fuck her?" She asked furrowning. " Not her" he said and stopped. He began to hesitate to tell her the truth. "Okey, i had a relationship with her mother" he said very fast. She did not say a word for a couple minutes and did not even blink. "How the fuck you knew the daughter if you had anything with the mother?" She asked. Rustam saw that she was surprised. But, he was not scared. " i think she knew about her mother's relationship with me. Her mother once called me from her cellphone. But, i'm not sure about that. It's just my own revelation" he said very silently and stopped. Ramila saw that Rustam was a very cold-blooded person. But, he was talking sincerely.     " What kind of person she was? Were you close with her or just coworkers?" Rustam asked as he had many question to her about Gulyana. He did not tell her that her parents also were attacked and one of them dead, another one is in coma. And police is almost accusing him as the suspect for the murders. Ramila did not want to answer the questions. " I wanted to have a fun tonight! You seemed to me so straight and sincere that, i invited you to my flat in our first.....date!" she outbursted.       "There will be a lots of fun if you will keep to think about me the same way you did until today. I just have to know some things about her. It's a destiny. You have worked with her and i came to your flat and saw this photo. So please...." he asked almost begging. "I have worked with her more than two years ago. We were not friends, but we talked, shared a few things between us during the lunches sometime" she said. " Was she dating someone at that times?"
"We had been working together almost for a year when she got divorced. Her husband turned out to be a simple gold digger. Two months after they separated, she began to chat with a guy on internet. I think he was younger than her. As far as i remember, she once said that he was a student. She also said that his brother lived in the USA"
"Have you seen his picture?"
"Yes, she showed me once. He had a middle weight and height, white-yellow skin, just like you"
Rustam smiled hearing this. Then decided to ask another question
"Do you remember his name?"
"No, she showed me just the picture. I don't know the name, but i can recognize his face i will see him"
"Have you been in her wedding or did you keep contact with her after you dismissed from the job in there?
"Not only me, but all the girls in there were looking for the better opportunities except Gulyana Another girl resigned two weeks prior me. Gulyana was probably the only one who still worked in there. Her father had money, so she did not need the money. Therefore, stayed there until this day" Ramila answered and stopped. Rustam wanted to know the answers of the other questions.
"That is not what i asked" Rustam tried to notify her that she avoided from the questions. "What were the other questions?" She frowned trying to remember."Did you have contact with her after you resigned from there? And had you participated in her wedding?"
"She wrote me a few times after i rrsigned. She was showing affection to every girl in there. She was feeling alone and telling her life secrets all of us in there. We were 4, like Charlie's angels. We were kind of friends. But, i don't keep contacts with the coworkers after i leave. Life friends and coworkers are seperate things. So, i answered her only once, then ignored her. After that dhe stopped writing me. And she was already married when began to work in there. So, i had not participated in her wedding. God, you are worse than prosecutor. You in a date with the girl inside her flat....alone!!!!" She exclaimed. Rustam did not pay attention to what she said. She stared to the floor, trying to concentrate what he should ask next. "Charlie's angels are three" he said. "What?!" Ramila almost shouted. " Charlie's angels are three, not four. You said you were four girls , like Charlie's angels" he said without taking his stare from the floor. Ramila smirked ironically. " You said you were four. Who was the closest to her? friend like...." Rustam asked again. " We were not friends. Just corworkers. But, she used to call a girl and hang out with her after worktime is over. I think the girl's name was Svetlana, Sveta. Her mother was also a russian. They used to live in Russia in the same city. I think they had come from there two families together. That was her friend" she explained making a bored face. It was already 23:00 pm. Rustam stood up and holded Ramila's hand. "Thank you for your answers. These answers may help to uncover a big mystery" he said while holding her hand. Ramila looked at him in surprise when he said "big mystery". Rustam saw her confusion and decided to tell her the rest of the incidents. " Her parents also were attacked. Her father is dead, mother still alive. They also were attacked at their flat. Gulyana was killed two days after that. Also in her flat. Her flat was above her parents' flat. That's why i call it a big mystery". Ramila's face became reddish. She stammeted to tell something. " Pppp poor girl".  "I have to go" Rustam said. " Next time will be better. Good night" he said and got out of her flat.