Chapter Thirty

Compton, California 

FRENCH'S EYES WERE DIRECTLY ON INOLA. He extended his hand, a motion for her to take it as he looked at her calmly. "Come on. It's time to go."

Inola felt a deep shiver run down her spine. It felt so surreal. It's only been two months but finally seeing him here again didn't feel like real life. He had finally returned. He seemed just slightly slimmer, he had a new haircut too. He was in all black and only a skinny gold link chain was around his neck. She could smell his cologne from the doorway. She didn't know why her heart started to gallop in her chest. She was loss for words.

Omari pushed Inola to the side and looked at French's hand with venom, before looking the man in the eyes. "Aye, she ain't going nowhere nigga. Who the fuck are you?"

French hadn't even noticed him standing there, he only had tunnel vision on Inola. When he looked at him he seemed familiar, French remembered him as the guy in the hospital bed. Inola's boyfriend.

Inola quickly came between the two men, not wanting anything to escalate.

No guys, please stop! She signed, looking between the two.

The commotion caused Omari's parents and Enrique to rush to the door to see what the noise was about. They were all shocked seeing French. His parents were a little scared seeing the familiar stranger at their doorstep while Enrique was instantly disappointed. He didn't want to go anywhere with this man, he hated him.

Come on we have to go, they know you're here. French signed to Inola.

Omari was shocked as he looked at Inola. "He can sign too?" There was no way this man was a stranger to her.

He taught himself when we were living with him. Inola quickly signed, turning back to French. French...you're back. How are you? And who knows where we are? They aren't dead?

Majority of them, yes. I took out most his people, but I told you no cellphones, wifi or anything that's traceable. You've been using something that made them able to track your location.

Omari was watching them sign and became concerned a little himself. This shit might've actually been true from what they were talking about. When he saw French mention something about people tracking down their location he was curious. Their location was at his parents house and he didn't want them getting hurt in any of this mess.

It was then that Inola remembered Enrique had cable and Internet in the basement. They had to be getting the transmission signals from him, because she was very low key in everything she did. She hardly even came out the house. She had completely forgot about not letting him use that stuff.

"What's going on?" Omari questioned.

It's— Inola started to sign until Omari cut her off.

"Not you, I'm talking to him." He signed but said out loud at the same time, glaring at French.

French ignored him. Inola get your kids and come on.

Omari stepped up making French look at the man like he was slow. He must've bumped his head trying to stand toe to toe with him. Omari's nostrils were flaring and his fists were clenched. "You not taking my girl and my boys nowhere. You better go back to where the fuck you came from."

"Lil' nigga you better get out my face for I put you in somebody funeral home." French warned, unflinching.

Inola had no idea what the two were saying, but she knew they weren't friendly words. Collins quickly stepped up, not about to let his son fight.