A New Discovery

In the morning nobody was in any hurry to get up. Leo and Raph went to Leo's kids room and Karai and Stacy went to Donnie's kids room.

Leo and Raph talked for a while and watched Leo's and Raph's kids play and all of a sudden Leo looks over and sees a tear roll down Raph's cheek.

"Raph ?"

Raph didn't say anything.

His shoulders started jumping up and down as Raph sobbed silently and Leo's facial expression went confused. But changed rapidly into concern as he embraced Raph into a hug and Raph pressed up against Leo's plastron still sobbing.

Leo pulled Raph into the hallway so the kids wouldn't get worried or anything and Leo embraced him again trying to comfort him.

With his hand on the back of his little brother's head and the other rubbing circles on his shell, Leo spoke softly.

"Raph, talk to me. Please."

Raph took a deep breath and pulled a bit from Leo's hug and began to try to speak.

"I-m-m s-sorry Le-Leo. I-I-mm sorry w-we f-fought that long t-time a-g-go and now w-we b-barely kn-know e-each o-other or kids at all a-a-n-d..."

Raph started to sob again at the end and Leo pulled him in again to another hug.

"Raph Raph Raph it's ok it's ok. I'm here now and we're all here and it's ok now. If anything...it's my fault."

"H-how's t-that f-fearless ?"

Raph looked into Leo's eyes and Leo answered his question.

"Because I'm the oldest. And I left first. My job as the older brother is to keep the family together after Master Splinter died...but I failed. I failed you, I failed Donnie, I failed Mikey....and I failed Master Splinter. I'm just a huge failure."

"No y-you're not. You're the best big brother we could ask f-for. E-Even I-if we-ee gi-ve you a h-ard time."

Raph says and Leo hugs him tight and Raph hugs back.

"Man Raph, having girls made you soft."

Leo says and smiles and Raph chuckles slightly and squeezed Leo harder.

"Shut up.........man I missed you bro."

Raph shuddered and Leo didn't know why. Leo looks up and Raph's visibly shaking every second or two.

"Raph ?! What's wrong ? What's happening ? Raph !! STACY !!! DAVID !!!! JAMES !!!"

Leo shouted for someone who knew Raph well enough to know what's going on and sunk to the floor holding his little brother tight to stop him from shaking.

"What - RAPH !!!!!"

David was the first person to the scene and he got down next to Leo and Raph and cradled Raph in his own arms and reached in his pocket and got something out and put two of the whatevers into Raph's mouth and closed it.

Leo was panting almost having a panic attack and once the whatevers were in Raph's mouth for a second, he stopped shaking and stayed still in David's arms.

"What was that ?!"

Leo panicked.

Leo placed his own shaky hand on Raph's cheek and Raph unconsciously leaned into Leo's touch.

"He had a seizure. It happens when he gets really emotional. It happened a few months after you guys split. His emotions got all out of whack and we took him to the hospital after his first seizure and that's what they told us. They said his heart couldn't handle being all soft and mushy with people. His meds help him with that but I guess we haven't gotten them changed in a while. We're supposed to get him checked every month or so. But he hasn't had one in a while."

Raph shifted in David's arms and slightly woke up.

"D-Dave ? W-what are y-ou doing here ?"

Raph tried to sit up but he was too weak, so David laid him back down but Leo could see Raph was tense.

"Woah there Raph. Don't get up."

David wouldn't let him up anyways.

"I'm f-fine Dave. L-let me up."

Leo leans over and places his hand on Raph's cheek.

Raph's body immediately relaxes,he closes his eyes, and he leans into Leo's touch.

"Rest Raph, we'll get you to your room."

Leo says and he and David walk Raph to his and Stacy's room and lay him down and cover him up.

David walks back to wherever he came from and Leo goes to find his other two younger brothers.