06 I'll sing if you sing

Happy apocalypse and may the odds be ever in your favor!

I'll sing if you sing

Find the area between two concentric circles defined by

x² + y² -2x + 4y + 1 = 0

x² + y² -2x + 4y – 11 =0

What did Blaine say? Bring the x and the y together first of all then continue. Hey, that's not this hard.

Write equation in N as follows

N +1/N = 78/15

Multiply all terms by N, obtain a quadratic equation and solve to obtain N = 5

Shit. Did they discuss this? Oh yeah that was when Blaine promised chocolate. Think Kurt. Think. You can do this.

Ok. Last question…Finally!

P(x² + 1) = 2x⁴ + 5x² + 6

Let t = x² +1 which also gives x² = t – 1

Substitute x² by t – 1 in P to obtain: P(t) = -2 (t – 1)² + 5 (t – 1) + 6 = -2t² + 9t – 1

Now let t = -x² + 3 and substitute in P(t) above to obtain

P(-x² + 3) = -2 (-x² + 3)² + 9(-x² + 3) – 1 = -2x⁴ + 3x² + 8

Mister Smarty pants said that this looks worse than it actually is. So here we go.

Kurt was currently sitting in his math test and up till now he was doing a rather good job. He was pretty sure he had everything correct.

Thanks to Blaine and his math marathon.

When they had woken up on Saturday morning Kurt had insisted on staying in bed as long as humanely possible and start watching his famous musical and Disney collection but Blaine had forced Kurt into studying.

'Just imagine if you fail… that you can walk the halls in that red and white jumpsuit no longer' was one of Blaine's arguments which worked wonders on Kurt. First of all he had spent an hour explaining to Blaine that it was NO Jumpsuit but a well-earned cheerio uniform which some would actual kill for and after he was sure that Blaine no longer compared his uniform to a jumpsuit they had started studying like maniacs together. Just the mere thought of handing over his uniform to an angry Sue and a triumphant Quinn make him study with only little breaks and it now paid off.

Finishing with the last question he sighed deeply. He did it and he was sure that with this filled out paper he was still the Head Cheerio in McKinley. However his legs felt a bit weak as he made his way to desk of Mrs. Adler.

'You're done?' asked the math teacher once he gave her the paper.

'Yes' answered Kurt 'thanks to Blaine.' At first Mrs. Adler gave him a sharp glance but then she gave him a small smile. 'He's a good kid. He just needs friends' she said to Kurt's astonishment.

'Yes he is' he agreed puzzled 'and no worries Mrs. Adler. I have his back from now on.' She nodded and then said 'I'm going to mark your test now Kurt, so you are dismissed. Your coach will tell you later if you passed it or not.'

'Ok' Kurt turned around and left, so he didn't see Mrs. Adler give him a knowing smile.

Kurt ambled down the halls of the High school, looking for his 'savior'. Soon he found him by his locker. Blaine didn't wear a bow tie today. Instead he wore a simple shirt with jeans. He looked really hot but made Kurt confused. Mr. Anderson would never allow such clothing. Not after what Blaine had told him.