12 Follow me down

Songs:

-Reach out I'll be there The Four Tops (a slower version) Thanks to FanofChrisCMaxA1

-I'll be Edwin McCain Thanks to ChrisColfersKingdom

-Follow me down 3OH!3 Thanks to Nikita-Gleek

Check them out on YouTube. Especially Follow me down because the written version does not do the song justice.

Follow me down

"What do you mean you changed my opening number?" asked Rachel snappishly.

Kurt groaned.

"We should have told Rachel before we got here" Mercedes said next to Kurt.

Kurt shrugged, not taking his eyes off the Golden Gate Bridge across the bay. It was the day before Nationals and they had decided to spend a few hours in the sunny city of San Francisco.

"The competition knew it thanks to Sue and Quinn" tried Mr Shue to explain.

"But nobody can sing Don't rain on my parade better than me" yelled Rachel and stormed off.

"Rachel come back" yelled Mr Shue and ran after her.

"And miss all this?" said Kurt, looking after them.

"Don't be mean Kurt" picked Mercedes at him. "Rachel is nicer than you think."

"Yeah, yeah" said Kurt dismissively.

"Mercedes is right you know" said Blaine and sat down next to Kurt.

Roughly two weeks had passed since Blaine's dad had returned and like a miracle he had not laid a hand on Blaine. Most likely because of Cooper. The older brother was a star in his father's eyes, although he had dropped out of college and started an acting career. Not a successful one, his greatest achievement was a role as a dead body in CSI but his dad did not care. For him Cooper was all, what Blaine was not.

Blaine still had to wear bow ties and wasn't allowed to spend too much time with his friends but apart from this he left Blaine alone.

This however did not stop Kurt from checking Blaine every day for bruises, scratches or broken bones and to find excuses so Blaine could spent most of his days at Kurt's house. He even got Finn into looking out for Blaine as well. He could not keep the cheerleaders away but Karofsky and Azimio he could control.

"I like Rachel" Blaine said. "She had been always nice to me. In her own way."

"She's bossy" Kurt complained.

"Only on the outside" explained his boyfriend slowly but sad. "Inside she's lonely and desperate. I know what that's like."

Kurt was silent and thought about what Blaine had said. Maybe the reason why Rachel was so bossy and…unsociable was because she never knew how to be around people and never had friends. Suddenly he pitied her.

"Your boyfriend is really smart" said Mercedes appreciatively.

"And what do you suggest we should do?" asked Kurt. "I am not giving up the number."

Mr Shue, after deciding to take away Rachel's solo, had asked Kurt and Blaine if they would want to do the eleven o'clock number.

Of course they had said yes.

Blaine shrugged. "We could share the song."

"Pardon?" Kurt said and looked shocked at his boyfriend. "How do you plan on sharing a duet?"